moderated Jaws and upgrades, advantages


Van Lant, Robin
 

You can read through the release notes for 2020 and 2021 to see if features look valuable to you.  My view is that I need the current version to be sure JAWS keeps up with changes in web browsers, Office products, etc.  Also, there are new features that are useful to me.  For example, I’m getting ready to install the latest update to JAWS 2021 because I really want the new feature that allows you to change JAWS volume on the fly.  This will be so helpful, given all the online video conferences and YouTube videos I am now needing to do. It’s a pain to go into voice adjustment to turn down or up JAWS when a video volume is out of balance with JAWS.  Improvements to Picture Smart and Convenient OCR are also a value to me.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Bondroff
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 8:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

 

Hi John,

 

Yes, it is important to upgrade  your JAWS and I hope you have a  an annual subscription   plan to keep  it upgraded. I do that all the time so it saves us a lot of money plus  to keep JAWS  running smoothly.

 

I have the most  current  version of JAWS  2021.

 

eom

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 4:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

Hi John,

Appreciating what you say about money not being an issue, but upgrading JAWS becomes more expensive the further away you are from current. So upgrading JAWS 2019 to the latest version will become more expensive when the new version comes out, around October as you suggest.

At some point, it would become cheaper for you to buy a new version of JAWS outright using one of the convention special offers in the summer.

If you’re in the US, you might also want to subscribe to the annual licence so that you always have the latest version.

Cheers,

Ed

On 20 March 2021 11:16:06 "John J. Fioravanti, Jr." <fioresq1@...> wrote:

Hi: I'm currently using Jaws 2019 with Windows 10. Is there a great advantage to my upgrading to Jaws 2021? I use office, outlook, Acrobat reader and Google Chrome. essentially This is particularly important to me because I assume Jaws will upgrade in October of 2021. Money is not the issue. I o find jaws being a bit sluggish.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----

 

 


Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com



This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


Bill White
 

Hi, Eom and list. Just remember that, if you have an SMA and you can't pay the renewal fee for a few months, your version of JAWS will continue to work as you purchased it. If, however you purchase the annual $90 license, and you can't afford to continue the subscription at the end of your license, you will begin to hear that JAWS is running in 40-minute mode about two weeks after your license expires.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ryan Bondroff
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 7:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

Hi John,

 

Yes, it is important to upgrade  your JAWS and I hope you have a  an annual subscription   plan to keep  it upgraded. I do that all the time so it saves us a lot of money plus  to keep JAWS  running smoothly.

 

I have the most  current  version of JAWS  2021.

 

eom

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 4:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

Hi John,

Appreciating what you say about money not being an issue, but upgrading JAWS becomes more expensive the further away you are from current. So upgrading JAWS 2019 to the latest version will become more expensive when the new version comes out, around October as you suggest.

At some point, it would become cheaper for you to buy a new version of JAWS outright using one of the convention special offers in the summer.

If you’re in the US, you might also want to subscribe to the annual licence so that you always have the latest version.

Cheers,

Ed

On 20 March 2021 11:16:06 "John J. Fioravanti, Jr." <fioresq1@...> wrote:

Hi: I'm currently using Jaws 2019 with Windows 10. Is there a great advantage to my upgrading to Jaws 2021? I use office, outlook, Acrobat reader and Google Chrome. essentially This is particularly important to me because I assume Jaws will upgrade in October of 2021. Money is not the issue. I o find jaws being a bit sluggish.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----

 

 


Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com




 

I can only agree with what Edward and Ryan have said especially if you don't have financial concerns about upgrading. Keeping Jaws up to date whether it's by subscribing to the annual plan which always allows you to run the latest version or by buying SMA's each time you run out (every two years) it absolutely worth it. There are way too many changes in Windows 10, Office (especially if you have the Microsoft 365 subscription) as well as with browsers and having the latest version of Jaws will typically give you the best experience. You can still have one or two previous versions of Jaws installed if you are concerned about issues with the latest or if you find an earlier version works better with a particular program you are using.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Bondroff
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 7:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

Hi John,

 

Yes, it is important to upgrade  your JAWS and I hope you have a  an annual subscription   plan to keep  it upgraded. I do that all the time so it saves us a lot of money plus  to keep JAWS  running smoothly.

 

I have the most  current  version of JAWS  2021.

 

eom

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 4:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

Hi John,

Appreciating what you say about money not being an issue, but upgrading JAWS becomes more expensive the further away you are from current. So upgrading JAWS 2019 to the latest version will become more expensive when the new version comes out, around October as you suggest.

At some point, it would become cheaper for you to buy a new version of JAWS outright using one of the convention special offers in the summer.

If you’re in the US, you might also want to subscribe to the annual licence so that you always have the latest version.

Cheers,

Ed

On 20 March 2021 11:16:06 "John J. Fioravanti, Jr." <fioresq1@...> wrote:

Hi: I'm currently using Jaws 2019 with Windows 10. Is there a great advantage to my upgrading to Jaws 2021? I use office, outlook, Acrobat reader and Google Chrome. essentially This is particularly important to me because I assume Jaws will upgrade in October of 2021. Money is not the issue. I o find jaws being a bit sluggish.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----

 

 


Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com




Ryan Bondroff
 

Hi John,

 

Yes, it is important to upgrade  your JAWS and I hope you have a  an annual subscription   plan to keep  it upgraded. I do that all the time so it saves us a lot of money plus  to keep JAWS  running smoothly.

 

I have the most  current  version of JAWS  2021.

 

eom

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 4:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and upgrades, advantages

 

Hi John,

Appreciating what you say about money not being an issue, but upgrading JAWS becomes more expensive the further away you are from current. So upgrading JAWS 2019 to the latest version will become more expensive when the new version comes out, around October as you suggest.

At some point, it would become cheaper for you to buy a new version of JAWS outright using one of the convention special offers in the summer.

If you’re in the US, you might also want to subscribe to the annual licence so that you always have the latest version.

Cheers,

Ed

On 20 March 2021 11:16:06 "John J. Fioravanti, Jr." <fioresq1@...> wrote:

Hi: I'm currently using Jaws 2019 with Windows 10. Is there a great advantage to my upgrading to Jaws 2021? I use office, outlook, Acrobat reader and Google Chrome. essentially This is particularly important to me because I assume Jaws will upgrade in October of 2021. Money is not the issue. I o find jaws being a bit sluggish.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----

 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com



Edward Green
 

Hi John,

Appreciating what you say about money not being an issue, but upgrading JAWS becomes more expensive the further away you are from current. So upgrading JAWS 2019 to the latest version will become more expensive when the new version comes out, around October as you suggest.

At some point, it would become cheaper for you to buy a new version of JAWS outright using one of the convention special offers in the summer.

If you’re in the US, you might also want to subscribe to the annual licence so that you always have the latest version.

Cheers,

Ed

On 20 March 2021 11:16:06 "John J. Fioravanti, Jr." <fioresq1@...> wrote:

Hi: I'm currently using Jaws 2019 with Windows 10. Is there a great advantage to my upgrading to Jaws 2021? I use office, outlook, Acrobat reader and Google Chrome. essentially This is particularly important to me because I assume Jaws will upgrade in October of 2021. Money is not the issue. I o find jaws being a bit sluggish.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----




John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
 

Hi: I'm currently using Jaws 2019 with Windows 10. Is there a great advantage to my upgrading to Jaws 2021? I use office, outlook, Acrobat reader and Google Chrome. essentially This is particularly important to me because I assume Jaws will upgrade in October of 2021. Money is not the issue. I o find jaws being a bit sluggish.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----