From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: e martë, 16 mars 2021 15:54
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Setting Winamp to work with JAWS

try setting Winamp as the default program to handle audio files:

press windows+i.
tab once, down arrow to and spacebar on Apps.
tab once, down arrow to and spacebar on Default apps.
tab to and spacebar on Music player.
tab to and spacebar on Winamp.
alt+f4. done.

to reset it, choose a different program instead of Winamp, and then choose Winamp. sometimes it needs to be rerecognized which program is to handle audio files, although I hadn't had this problem since upgrading to Windows 10.

I tried to open an audio file with Winamp, but it would not play;
instead, it only opened an intro recording from Winamp. I would
appreciate steps to set Winamp to properly work with JAWS.

Best regards,

Gezim

Milton Ota

Hello,

Did you press your application key to bring up a menu?

If you did that, then, did you arrow down to play file?

When you got to the edit field did you shift tab to see the files in the directory/folder that open file is showing?

If you did my last step, and you are not in the directory/folder where your audio file is, you will have to navigate to the folder where your file is located.

If you are not sure of this, and would like someone to tandem into your computer and show you how to do this, let me know by sending me a message to: mota1252@...

Milton Ota

ICAN Island Computer Access Now

4273 Coventry Dr., S.