Issues installing JAWS 16 pro on Windows 10

gillianbramley80@...

HI all

My work is currently going through an update of all it's hard and software, basically we are transferring over to windows 10 from windows 7 and having new laptops.

The reason for me contacting is that I and IT are having a few problems installing the JAWS on to the new laptop, each time we do an install for JAWS 16 pro an error message pops up to  say “ The Freedom Scientific Mirror display driver is not properly installed” and we cannot proceed any further.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the software (JAWS) not being able to work with windows 10, or that the build of the laptop is not compatible with JAWS. We also got the same error message when we tried to download a copy of JAWS 18. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Many Thanks 

Gillybean80

Dave...

Suggest completely removing any previous versions of JAWS on that machine first. If this is a new clean machine, then make sure to download the very newest version of JAWS 16. If that is already what you have, then suggest you try JAWS 17 instead.

I think that JAWS 16 was current when Windows 10 began to be released.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 07:50
Subject: Issues installing JAWS 16 pro on Windows 10

HI all

My work is currently going through an update of all it's hard and software, basically we are transferring over to windows 10 from windows 7 and having new laptops.

The reason for me contacting is that I and IT are having a few problems installing the JAWS on to the new laptop, each time we do an install for JAWS 16 pro an error message pops up to  say “ The Freedom Scientific Mirror display driver is not properly installed” and we cannot proceed any further.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the software (JAWS) not being able to work with windows 10, or that the build of the laptop is not compatible with JAWS. We also got the same error message when we tried to download a copy of JAWS 18. 

Many Thanks 

Gillybean80

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

The latest Jaws 16 update worked with Windows 10 initially, but I’mnot sure how well it works with Fall Creator’s Update. You really want to be on Jaws 2018 probably sooner than later.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 9:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Issues installing JAWS 16 pro on Windows 10

Suggest completely removing any previous versions of JAWS on that machine first. If this is a new clean machine, then make sure to download the very newest version of JAWS 16. If that is already what you have, then suggest you try JAWS 17 instead.

I think that JAWS 16 was current when Windows 10 began to be released.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 07:50

HI all

Many Thanks 

Gillybean80

Pat Byrne

We upgraded several computers here, and our experience was that if you uninstall your current JFW16 and reinstall it either the version you have downloaded or grab a new one from the FS website, you will be okay. And as was pointed out, be sure you have the latest version of "16". This is what I am running on this desktop. My wife is successfully running "18" and "2018" on her desktop, so there are certainly alternatives.
Good luck.
pat ByrneAt 09:50 AM 1/15/2018, you wrote:

HI all My work is currently going through an update of all it's hard and software, basically we are transferring over to windows 10 from windows 7 and having new laptops.

Â

The reason for me contacting is that I and IT are having a few problems installing the JAWS on to the new laptop, each time we do an install for JAWS 16 pro an error message pops up to  say “ The Freedom Scientific Mirror display driver is not properly installed†and we cannot proceed any further.

Â

I am not sure if this is an issue with the software (JAWS) not being able to work with windows 10, or that the build of the laptop is not compatible with JAWS. We also got the same error message when we tried to download a copy of JAWS 18.Â

Â

Any help would be really appreciated. Many Thanks Gillybean80

Jonas Voll

Got any remote software installed on that system?

Or do you see an video driver installed?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of gillianbramley80@...
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 9:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

HI all

Many Thanks 

Gillybean80

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.