A weird Google Chrome problem

Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...>

Hi all,

Since I was getting more and more frustrated with Firefox, especially when it was upgraded to 57, I decided to replace it with Google Chrome.

With my new Jaws 2018, it is working fairly well except on this site:

https://mosquitto.org/

This site describes a light open-source piece of software dedicated to message exchanges among small objects.

Problem: When I click this link to open it, Jaws begins to read it ok but as soon as I click a link within this page, (for instance the “documentation” link), Jaws gets stuck forever on the new page title.

Did anyone else notice such an annoying behavior please? Is there a way to fix it?

BTW, I am using Chrome 64-bit version 63.0.3239.132 on a Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition computer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

Francisco Salvador Crespo

Hello.

There are several Chrome issues to be resolved. However, you can download Firefox ESR from the Mozilla website and recover the level of productivity that you experienced before updating.

Best.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 15 ene 2018, a las 11:01, Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...> escribió:

Hi all,

Since I was getting more and more frustrated with Firefox, especially when it was upgraded to 57, I decided to replace it with Google Chrome.

With my new Jaws 2018, it is working fairly well except on this site:

https://mosquitto.org/

This site describes a light open-source piece of software dedicated to message exchanges among small objects.

Problem: When I click this link to open it, Jaws begins to read it ok but as soon as I click a link within this page, (for instance the “documentation” link), Jaws gets stuck forever on the new page title.

Did anyone else notice such an annoying behavior please? Is there a way to fix it?

BTW, I am using Chrome 64-bit version 63.0.3239.132 on a Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition computer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

Jason White

I can reproduce it by following the link you gave. I suggest reporting it to VFO. If it’s a JAWS issue, they can fix it. If it’s a Google Chrome issue, Google can fix it (and they recently – within the last year or so – employed another top accessibility engineer to work on Chrome, in addition to the excellent expertise they already had).

Since I was getting more and more frustrated with Firefox, especially when it was upgraded to 57, I decided to replace it with Google Chrome.

With my new Jaws 2018, it is working fairly well except on this site:

https://mosquitto.org/

This site describes a light open-source piece of software dedicated to message exchanges among small objects.

Problem: When I click this link to open it, Jaws begins to read it ok but as soon as I click a link within this page, (for instance the “documentation” link), Jaws gets stuck forever on the new page title.

Did anyone else notice such an annoying behavior please? Is there a way to fix it?

BTW, I am using Chrome 64-bit version 63.0.3239.132 on a Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition computer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...>

Hi Jason,

Seems to be a Chrome issue since I have the same result when I’m using NVDA instead of Jaws.

I definitely would like to report the issue but sorry for this newbie question: what is VFO please?

In the meantime, many thanks to Francisco who advised me to try Firefox ESR. I did not know this release and it will definitely help me wait for a better solution.

Many thanks for your fast advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

** WARNING: This mail is from an external source **

[...]

The VFO group is a company that merged Freedom Scientific, Ai Squared and some other assistive tech brands.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 15 ene 2018, a las 12:24, Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...> escribió:

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

VFO is what Freedom Scientific’s new name is. Actually the full name is The VFO Group, and their new page is:

www.VFO-Group.com

VFO stands for Vector, Freedom Scientific, Optelec. Here is what their page says.

They are a merger of

Ai Squared, Freedom Scientific, Optelec and The Paciello Group

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I jhust tried this and when I click on Documentation on that website using Google Chrome the site loads immediately and I can navigate it.

Since I was getting more and more frustrated with Firefox, especially when it was upgraded to 57, I decided to replace it with Google Chrome.

With my new Jaws 2018, it is working fairly well except on this site:

https://mosquitto.org/

This site describes a light open-source piece of software dedicated to message exchanges among small objects.

Problem: When I click this link to open it, Jaws begins to read it ok but as soon as I click a link within this page, (for instance the “documentation” link), Jaws gets stuck forever on the new page title.

Did anyone else notice such an annoying behavior please? Is there a way to fix it?

BTW, I am using Chrome 64-bit version 63.0.3239.132 on a Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition computer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Hi, Chrome stalls on the homepage and wont continue. But it works fine with IE. IE still works for some pages that both FF and Chrome cant handle. Try downloading the FireFox ESR version it works fine. Also I use all 3 browsers since there will always be a page that one handles while the others dont.

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.

Steve Nutt

Hi,

The single best way to fix issues like this is to join the Chrome Access list.  You can join by sending a blank message to:-

axs-chrome-discuss+subscribe@...

Then when you are joined, the posting address is:-

axs-chrome-discuss@...

Google are fantastic at listening to and fixing accessibility concerns with Chrome and all screen readers.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi,

Tried accesssing mosquito.org with several combination and found one that works.

Chrome + JAWS = Not working
Chrome + NVDA = Not working
Firefox + JAWS = Not working
Firefox + NVDA = Works

I use Firefox 56. For now just stay away from Firefox Quantum.

Hope that helps.

Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com
On 15-Jan-18 9:01 PM, Delaunay Christophe wrote:

[...]

Hello Edhoari,

I don’t usually use this website, but when the original poster asked I tried it with Chrome and Jaws 2018 and had no issues navigating the site, opening links and so on.

[...]

Hi Sieghard,

On my system, using Chrome and JAWS 2018 stops speaking after announcing first landmark. The same goes with NVDA. My guess is that I have different Chrome version than yours.

Using Firefox and NVDA, I can browse the site easily. I guess that's why we need to have multiple tools at our hand. When one doesn't work always have a backup :)

Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso