JAWS and Ubuntu bash

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi Group,

I'm new with JAWS and need some advice. Anyone here using ubuntu bash on Windows 10? or Command Prompt
I'm having problems after execute a command, I need to review it's output. Using NVDA or Gnome Orca (Linux), we use numpad key to review command result. I think there has to be a way for JAWS to do it. just don't know how.

I hope someone can help me with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

Scott Wheat

If I understand what you are asking, all you have to do is use the JAWS cursor. Rout JAWS to PC with insert-numpad-pluss and then use the numpad up-arrow to read the results.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edhoari Setiyoso
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 12:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Ubuntu bash

Hi Group,

I'm new with JAWS and need some advice. Anyone here using ubuntu bash on Windows 10? or Command Prompt I'm having problems after execute a command, I need to review it's output. Using NVDA or Gnome Orca (Linux), we use numpad key to review command result. I think there has to be a way for JAWS to do it. just don't know how.

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso

GV-Knope, John (Greenville)

Hi Scott,

The Linux subsystem for Windows is a welcome addition to Windows 10. I prefer the command line environment over the point and click graphical user interface.

To review the screen, use either the JAWS cursor or invisible cursor. The JAWS cursor can be activated by pressing NumPad -. The invisible cursor can be activated by pressing NumPad - twice quickly. You can determine which cursor is active by pressing ALT+NumPad delete.
I hope this helps.
John F Knope
Student, CIS – Cloud Computing
ECPI University
Home
508 Mapleton Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone:
Email: johkno3041@students.ecpi.edu

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Scott Wheat
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: JAWS and Ubuntu bash

If I understand what you are asking, all you have to do is use the JAWS cursor. Rout JAWS to PC with insert-numpad-pluss and then use the numpad up-arrow to read the results.

Scott

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi Group,

I'm new with JAWS and need some advice. Anyone here using ubuntu bash on Windows 10? or Command Prompt I'm having problems after execute a command, I need to review it's output. Using NVDA or Gnome Orca (Linux), we use numpad key to review command result. I think there has to be a way for JAWS to do it. just don't know how.

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso

Jason White

You can also choose from among several other Linux distributions (with more said to be forthcoming) if Ubuntu isn't what you prefer.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of GV-Knope, John (Greenville)
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi Scott,

The Linux subsystem for Windows is a welcome addition to Windows 10. I prefer the command line environment over the point and click graphical user interface.

To review the screen, use either the JAWS cursor or invisible cursor. The JAWS cursor can be activated by pressing NumPad -. The invisible cursor can be activated by pressing NumPad - twice quickly. You can determine which cursor is active by pressing ALT+NumPad delete.
I hope this helps.
John F Knope
ECPI University
Home
508 Mapleton Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone:

Scott

Hi Group,

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi All,

Thanks. It works :)

Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso

On 16-Jan-18 12:50 AM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:
You can also choose from among several other Linux distributions (with more said to be forthcoming) if Ubuntu isn't what you prefer.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of GV-Knope, John (Greenville)
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi Scott,

I hope this helps.
John F Knope
ECPI University
Home
508 Mapleton Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone:

Scott

Hi Group,

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso