From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edhoari Setiyoso
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 12:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Ubuntu bash

Hi Group,

I'm new with JAWS and need some advice. Anyone here using ubuntu bash on Windows 10? or Command Prompt I'm having problems after execute a command, I need to review it's output. Using NVDA or Gnome Orca (Linux), we use numpad key to review command result. I think there has to be a way for JAWS to do it. just don't know how.

I hope someone can help me with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

GV-Knope, John (Greenville)

Hi Scott,

The Linux subsystem for Windows is a welcome addition to Windows 10. I prefer the command line environment over the point and click graphical user interface.

To review the screen, use either the JAWS cursor or invisible cursor. The JAWS cursor can be activated by pressing NumPad -. The invisible cursor can be activated by pressing NumPad - twice quickly. You can determine which cursor is active by pressing ALT+NumPad delete.
I hope this helps.
John F Knope
Student, CIS – Cloud Computing
ECPI University
508 Mapleton Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone:
864.438.1947
If I understand what you are asking, all you have to do is use the JAWS cursor. Rout JAWS to PC with insert-numpad-pluss and then use the numpad up-arrow to read the results.

Scott

I'm new with JAWS and need some advice. Anyone here using ubuntu bash on Windows 10? or Command Prompt I'm having problems after execute a command, I need to review it's output. Using NVDA or Gnome Orca (Linux), we use numpad key to review command result. I think there has to be a way for JAWS to do it. just don't know how.

I hope someone can help me with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

Jason White

You can also choose from among several other Linux distributions (with more said to be forthcoming) if Ubuntu isn't what you prefer.

If I understand what you are asking, all you have to do is use the JAWS cursor. Rout JAWS to PC with insert-numpad-pluss and then use the numpad up-arrow to read the results.

Scott

I'm new with JAWS and need some advice. Anyone here using ubuntu bash on Windows 10? or Command Prompt I'm having problems after execute a command, I need to review it's output. Using NVDA or Gnome Orca (Linux), we use numpad key to review command result. I think there has to be a way for JAWS to do it. just don't know how.

I hope someone can help me with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com