moderated Using JAWS to register for summer school gym

Van Lant, Robin

I’m with you.  This is where I’d call the phone number listed and tell them they need to email me one immediately.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 7:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using JAWS to register for summer school gym

I challenge anyone using a screen reader to find the Lottery registration form for simmer gym class on this Public school web page.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Monday, March 08, 2021 11:51 PM

Subject: Re: Using JAWS to create a label for a button on a web site, which has no text label

Hi Marty,

the site you mentioned could be made accessible with scripts by using domain-specific scripting. It's not difficult to do and if you or one of the other list members wants to know, I can describe how to do this so you or the others can use this approach on other sites too. But if you want to use the scripts only let me know and I will provide a link to the scripts.

All the best

Udo

Am 08.03.2021 um 21:06 schrieb Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...>:

Udo,  Here is the website URL.

Go to this link:

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2021 10:26 AM

Hi Marty,

I don't know why JAWS can't remember the labels but personally I think perhaps it's better to make a domain-specific script working only on this particular side. Can you share a web links so I can have a closer look if this is possible?

All the best

Udo

Am 05.03.2021 um 05:02 schrieb Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...>:

I have tried to label buttons on a web media player for a radio station listen live using the Insert + F2 and arrowing down to Custom Label.  I am using JAWS 21 latest build and Windows 7 and Google Chrome.  The buttons work and read correctly until I close the page.  When I come back the next day, the buttons are back to just saying Button when I navigate to them.  Why don’t my labels stick?

Love in Christ
Marty

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Marty Hutchings