moderated adobe choice?

Mario

thanks Bill.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Bill White [mailto:billwhite92701@att.net]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 4:58 PM
Subject: adobe choice?
Hi, Mario. I'm not Mike, but I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

are the boxes that Unchecky unchecks become unavailable or frozen or can they be checked if the user desires to include the "freebee", not that anyone would.

Unchecky unchecks all the bundled software, and if you re-check it, it gives you a warning that this software is unrelated to the software you are trying to download, but the boxes are not frozen.

is Unchecky updated often in respect to definitions, like in preventing the installation of unwanted junk?

Yes, Unchecky is updated, and it updates automatically, so you don't need to check for updates.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: Mike B [mailto:mb69mach1@fastmail.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 2:57 PM
Hi Bill,
It does not give you a choice. It just unchecks extra boxes, at least
this has been my experience since I started running it back in 2014.
Once in awhile you might hear Jaws report Unchecky catching something
and unchecking it.
Stay safe and take care. Mike.

-

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

**One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of
the shore for a very long time.**

~ André Gide

Mario

Mike, are the boxes that Unchecky unchecks become unavailable or frozen or can they be checked if the user desires to include the "freebee", not that anyone would. and is Unchecky updated often in respect to definitions, like in preventing the installation of unwanted junk?

Hi, Brian. I have hesitated to use Unchecky, because I don't always want all options unchecked. Does Unchecky give you the option to check some items, and leave others unchecked, or is it an across-the-board uncheck?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 09:08 PM, Bill White wrote:

unless you explicitly want any of the bundled software

-
And if you want a utility with a very light footprint that unchecks all this crap for you (at least the vast majority of the time), have look at Unchecky.  Even though I tend to be about as careful as anyone can be about unchecking "offers" for bundled software, if I get in a rush I can sometimes miss.  Unchecky has been an asset in keeping potentially unwanted programs off my computer for around 5 years now.

           ~ André Gide

Bill White

[...]

Stan Holdeman

Bot it. Thanks, Bill.