moderated converting files from flac to mp3

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 10:03 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
If it's just one file or the occasional one or two files I highly recommend to just use one of many online converters instead of bothering with installing a program.
-
Agreed.  One-off or very rare need to convert really doesn't warrant an installed program to do it.  But if it can reasonably be anticipated that this will recur with some regularity, then it does.

NCH Software actually has a treasure trove of utilities for editing, converting, and otherwise manipulating many file types not limited to audio files.  And most of these have "free for home use" and pro versions.

           ~ André Gide

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If it's just one file or the occasional one or two files I highly recommend to just use one of many online converters instead of bothering with installing a program. You could save a shortcut if you wish, I usually just go on Google and Google online file converter or, in your case, "convert flac to mp3" and pick one of the first options.

Pretty much all of these work quite well. When I just did a search for Convert flac to mp3, the first option was:

FLAC to MP3 | CloudConvert

The second was

FLAC to MP3 - Convert your FLAC to MP3 for Free Online, this one is a site called ZamZar.com which I have used many times for all sorts of online file conversions.

Another good one is online-audioconverter.com

When I had a look at the first search result, I read the followibng:

CloudConvert is your Swiss army knife for file conversions. We support nearly all audio, video, document, ebook, archive, image, spreadsheet, and presentation formats. Plus, you can use our online tool without downloading any software.

Pressing the "button" quick nav key, B, put me square on a "Select File" button, this opens a standard open file window, browse to your FLAC file and select it

There is an options drop-down which gives you a bunch of choices, you can convert files stored on your computer, you can enter an URL, select files on Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive, change the bitrate and all sorts of stuff, for most situations you probably just want to convert using whatever the defaults are.

Once you select your file find the button to convert, once done there will be a link to download the converted file.

Everything on that site is super accessible and clean.

Best regards,

Sieghard