From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: March 2, 2021 01:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: battery question

Hi all,
I've decided that I should start using my laptop unplugged and only charge
it when I'm not using it, and well I know how to check the battery power I'm
wondering will Jaws tell me when my battery is getting low or will I just
have to keep checking? I'm using the latest Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks
Madison

Madison Martin

My laptop was produced in June of 2019

From: https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/user-support/the-care-and-feeding-of-li-ion-batteries/

[...]

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
stascom.co.za%2Fstascom.html%23content&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd1dbbb70
cd3a4f1f74cf08d8ddddb2ee%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7
C637503291539475404%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQI
joiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=z5Y5%2F67p
EBKDH1rrltAvFWBTMmbEAnarde0nl7DYtqI%3D&amp;reserved=0

[...]

Randy Barnett

Yes that is true for IPhones.

On 3/2/2021 4:46 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
[...]

Lori Lynn

I've been using my laptop on the battery rather than plugged in for a long time. When the Windows message pops up with the low battery warning JAWS always reads it. I have never had to change any windows or JAWS settings to do this. My laptop is a Del, about 5 years old running Windows 10 and JAWS 21. I hope this helps.

Lori Lynn

I've decided that I should start using my laptop unplugged and only charge it when I'm not using it, and well I know how to check the battery power I'm wondering will Jaws tell me when my battery is getting low or will I just have to keep checking? I'm using the latest Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Soronel Haetir

Since most of the time when I unplug it's by accident (just from
moving around) I wrote a little program that monitors the discharge
state and warns me on the switch rather than when the charge is just
about gone.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com