moderated Signing / filling out a document in word

This sounds like another among many very badly designed forms.

A correctly designed form should announce the field (and its type, e.g. checkbox) when you land in it, and in a way that's descriptive enough to let you know what it is you're supposed to do if it's not self explanatory.

Many people create "forms" in word that are nothing more than what would be printed out for pencil/pen and paper filling out.  That's not a form, in any meaningful sense, that's accessible or able to be easily filled out by anyone in Word itself.

           ~ André Gide

Maria Reyes

Oh actually I hit enter and I seemed to be able to type, but when I hit down arrow, Jaws wouldn’t read the other fields.

I have a document that I have to sign and fill out in Word. When I navigate with Jaws 2019, I hear Participant’s name, rich text field. Click or tap to enter text. Do I just hit enter? Also how do you make a signature?

Maria Reyes