moderated Color Picker in Word 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 04:59 PM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
Because I use a reverse high contrast color scheme . . . I’ve had issues . . . where my emails were going to people with white or yellow font on a white background.
-
I am actually surprised to hear this has any impact.  The color schemes for accessibility are supposed to be "overlays," for lack of a better way of putting it, that change the appearance for the viewer without changing the underlying attributes of the thing being viewed.

           ~ André Gide

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 04:59 PM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
I wish Microsoft just offered a black in the standard colors list
-
They do, but it can be difficult to find it.  I have always found it easier, when someone wants black, to have them set up RGB 0,0,0, in Custom Colors.  If they want white, then it's RGB 255,255,255.

The end points on the additive color spectrum are dead simple.  It's the myriad combinations of RGB that are somewhere between the two where things get mighty tricky!

           ~ André Gide

Van Lant, Robin

This is helpful, Brian. Because I use a reverse high contrast color scheme, I’m often very dubious about what Automatic will do for my font colors.  I’ve had issues (mainly when in Outlook 2010) where my emails were going to people with white or yellow font on a white background. Really embarrassing in a work context.  I still have issues with this in Excel at times.  I wish Microsoft just offered a black in the standard colors list, but I’ll give your explanation of the color picker some inspection.  It’s been on my list for a while to call Microsoft Accessibility and get some guidance on using color themes.

Robin