moderated Using Older Normal.dotm in Newer Office Suite

Mike B

Hi All,

I'm going to upgrade my Office 2010 Standard suite to Office 2016 Pro.  I would like to keep my Word 2010 settings since I'm too damn lazy to configure Word again, so can I transfer  my Word 2010 Normal.dotm to Office 2016 ?  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Bill White

Hi, Mike. No, you can't transfer the normal template from Word 2010 to Office 2016 Pro. This is because they have a different format, and a different file extension. The templates in Word 2010 have a .dotm extension, whereas the templates in Office 2016 Pro have a .dotx extension.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...