Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2021 7:48 PM
Subject: microsoft edge download help

When I am downloading from microsoft edge I get an alert of the minutes that are left in the download. The problem the alert is announce verbally and interrupt anything I am doing on my computer. I have not been able to find any way to stop this verbal announcement. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to silent this alert. I am using windows 7 on my computer at this time and using jaws version 19. Thank you for your help.

Jerry

Mike B

Hi again Jerry,

I forgot to add that you can also turn off progress bar updating in Jaws quick settings, Insert + V, while in Edge.
With Edge open press, Insert + V, and under General options is the, Progress bar, setting.  Press the spacebar to toggle this between either spoken or silent.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.