moderated Volume setting that lowers other volume of programs while Jaws is speaking.

Albert Cutolo

Good evening everyone, 

Is their a particular setting or checkbox that says, lower the volume of other programs or applications while Jaws is speaking?  If so, can someone please point me in the right direction on where to go find this setting, or  where this setting or checkbox can be found?

Thanks in advance, 

Al            

Since JAWs has a good settings search, I'd suggest you look for "ducking."

I believe that JAWS and NVDA both call this feature audio ducking.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Press insert+6 on the number row.

Press control+shift+d for the Jaws default settings.

Type volume in the search box.

Arrow donw once and you should be on that setting.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Volume setting that lowers other volume of programs while Jaws is speaking.

Good evening everyone, 

Is their a particular setting or checkbox that says, lower the volume of other programs or applications while Jaws is speaking?  If so, can someone please point me in the right direction on where to go find this setting, or  where this setting or checkbox can be found?

Thanks in advance, 

Al            

Milton Ota

There are two that I know of and here it is:

Using the layered command JAWS Key + Spacebar followed by the letter V for volume, followed by the letter S for system and using the up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume.

If you have the Speaker/Headphone or some would call it the Volume Control, sitting in your System Tray, you can go there and adjust the volume.

HTH

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 5:58 PM
Subject: Volume setting that lowers other volume of programs while Jaws is speaking.

Good evening everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al            

Bill White

Hi, Albert. Press JAWS Key plus SPACE, followed by the letter D for Audio Ducking. It is a toggle, and it will tell you the state of the toggle after being pressed.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo

Good evening everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al            

Larry Gassman

The newest innovation is the layered key strokes with regard to volume which is in the February update.

More to follow in future builds.

Larry

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: Volume setting that lowers other volume of programs while Jaws is speaking.

Hi, Albert. Press JAWS Key plus SPACE, followed by the letter D for Audio Ducking. It is a toggle, and it will tell you the state of the toggle after being pressed.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Good evening everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al            

Bill White

Hi, Larry. Albert was looking for a setting that would lower volume while other audio is playing, not a setting to manually raise or lower volume. That's why I didn't describe the new layered keystroke functions to set JAWS and system volume.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Gassman
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: Volume setting that lowers other volume of programs while Jaws is speaking.

The newest innovation is the layered key strokes with regard to volume which is in the February update.

More to follow in future builds.

Larry

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:28 PM

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Good evening everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al