moderated Pin Files

Don Walls

I’m wondering if a recent update changed settings.  I have Windows 10 and JAWS 2020.  A week or so ago, when I’d go to open a Word file, there would be the instruction to pin files by entering on the file you are above, and after the file name the word “grid.”  Have I perhaps inadvertently changed JAWS settings or could it be to do with a Microsoft update?

Don

Van Lant, Robin

Don,

I started seeing this behavior in Office products with a recent Office update, nothing regarding JAWS.  I’m still trying to get the hang of it and don’t’ fully understand the visual layout, but I am really happy to see that you can now pin an item you use often.  I’m not sure I fully understand what you want to know, so I’ll just offer that, if you go to the list of Recent files and you want to pin one so that it’s always at the top of the list, use Shift F10 or the application key to open a menu, where you will see an option to Pin the item  The pinned items will be at the top of the list, in alphabetical order. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 7:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Pin Files

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

I’m wondering if a recent update changed settings.  I have Windows 10 and JAWS 2020.  A week or so ago, when I’d go to open a Word file, there would be the instruction to pin files by entering on the file you are above, and after the file name the word “grid.”  Have I perhaps inadvertently changed JAWS settings or could it be to do with a Microsoft update?

Don

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:49 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
The pinned items will be at the top of the list, in alphabetical order. 
-
This depends on the version of Office.  In Word 2016 (and probably later) there is a "tab" for lack of a better description when you go to open a file where the Recent tab, and list of files recently accessed is what shows first, and you have next to that a Pinned tab, where anything you pinned is shown.  Now, mind you, if you've accessed a pinned file recently and made changes to it, it will become a part of the recent list, which is constantly changing depending on what you've recently changed, but pinned files will very often end up pushed off of that list if all you generally do is access them, but you are not making changes to them.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Don Walls

Thanks for this, Vaughn.  It relieves my mind that I didn’t inadvertently change settings.

Don

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: Pin Files

Don,

I started seeing this behavior in Office products with a recent Office update, nothing regarding JAWS.  I’m still trying to get the hang of it and don’t’ fully understand the visual layout, but I am really happy to see that you can now pin an item you use often.  I’m not sure I fully understand what you want to know, so I’ll just offer that, if you go to the list of Recent files and you want to pin one so that it’s always at the top of the list, use Shift F10 or the application key to open a menu, where you will see an option to Pin the item  The pinned items will be at the top of the list, in alphabetical order. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 7:00 PM
Subject: Pin Files

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Don

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.