moderated QRead, PDF's and Jaws

Mike B

Hi All,

I recently installed QRead again, set it as my default PDF reader but, for whatever reason it's not opening PDF files and reading them for me.  Would someone please give me a hard kick in the right direction to get Jaws and QRead working together to read my PDF files?  I'm sure it's a setting I'm missing but, which one it is I'm not sure.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Randy Barnett

press windows key type default programs, press enter then tab to PDF's andpress the space bar. select Q Reader from the list. Then press enter. That should do it.

On 2/17/2021 12:35 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

I recently installed QRead again, set it as my default PDF reader but, for whatever reason it's not opening PDF files and reading them for me.  Would someone please give me a hard kick in the right direction to get Jaws and QRead working together to read my PDF files?  I'm sure it's a setting I'm missing but, which one it is I'm not sure.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Mike B

Selecting QRead as the default should do it, but didn't.  I think I may have a bad PDF file.  Adobe Reader wouldn't read it either hence the reason for giving QRead a try.  Thanks much for your help.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

press windows key type default programs, press enter then tab to PDF's andpress the space bar. select Q Reader from the list. Then press enter. That should do it.

On 2/17/2021 12:35 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

I recently installed QRead again, set it as my default PDF reader but, for whatever reason it's not opening PDF files and reading them for me.  Would someone please give me a hard kick in the right direction to get Jaws and QRead working together to read my PDF files?  I'm sure it's a setting I'm missing but, which one it is I'm not sure.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Randy Barnett

I thought it was strange you were asking such a simple question. LOL Sorry I wasn't of any help. :) So did you try to OCR it useing the applications menu?

On 2/17/2021 1:59 PM, Mike B wrote:
[...]

Yes, that's how I was able to get the contents of this user guide I downloaded for a list member of another list.  I'm going to try downloading the file again to see if it's the site, or just this particular file.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.