moderated Research it

Ann Byrne

I am trying to check on a flight using research it. I know it is the correct number, because I can find it on google; but stinkin' research it tells me flight not found. Is flight look up working for everyone else? The number I am looking for is United Airlines 3442. I entered ua3442, but no joy.

Maria Campbell

I can't find it either.  ResearchIt is just about useless anymore.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 2/15/2021 5:48 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
I am trying to check on a flight using research it.  I know it is the correct number, because I can find it on google; but stinkin' research it tells me flight not found.  Is flight look up working for everyone else?  The number I am looking for is United Airlines 3442.  I entered ua3442, but no joy.

Randy Barnett

I thought they quit supporting research it…

Randy Barnett

On Feb 15, 2021, at 2:53 PM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

I can't find it either. ResearchIt is just about useless anymore.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--Edmund Burke

I am trying to check on a flight using research it. I know it is the correct number, because I can find it on google; but stinkin' research it tells me flight not found. Is flight look up working for everyone else? The number I am looking for is United Airlines 3442. I entered ua3442, but no joy.

john.falter

Sorry that flight lookup isn't working for you but I use research it every day for many of its options.

BBC CNN Reuters Fox news and most other choices.

On 2/15/2021 5:53 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke

I am trying to check on a flight using research it.  I know it is the correct number, because I can find it on google; but stinkin' research it tells me flight not found.  Is flight look up working for everyone else?  The number I am looking for is United Airlines 3442.  I entered ua3442, but no joy.

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 05:53 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
Research It is just about useless anymore.
-
And was a bad crutch from the beginning.  One of the things I have hated about several things "of this ilk" is that they don't increase convenience significantly over actually learning how to get that information "the conventional way" and put an extra thing in the path of learning to do so.

The number of flight tracking options, and what they track, is myriad:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=UA+3442+flight+information 

Better to find the website(s) that track what it is you're looking for, and use them.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Nermin

Hi, Brian,

while I think you're right when it comes to the function being updated, I also think that it is not completely useless. Some people find it daunting to deal with all the different interfaces and just want a uniform way of working with research utilities. The resulting window is quite comvenient and offers all the necessary info condensed into one place.

Generally speaking, if you're tech savvy enough, you should of course use the internet tools that are available out there, since you may come across someone who may not be using JAWS at all.

Regards,

Nermin

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Yes, I too like this option. So quick to find whatever jaws permits. I too would like to see it updated, but certainly not scrapped.

Cheers,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of john.falter via groups.io
Sent: Τετάρτη, 17 Φεβρουαρίου 2021 19:20
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Research it

Sorry that flight lookup isn't working for you but I use research it every day for many of its options.

BBC CNN Reuters Fox news and most other choices.

On 2/15/2021 5:53 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com