Question about an all in one tablet for JAWS

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

I need to recommend a computer for a client who will be using JAWS with the state footing the bill. I am thinking about a 22 inch Desktop tablet that can sit stationary as well as be slipped into a bag and carried. I have one at my job that I use a keyboard with and even though it is touch screen I use it primarily as a desktop. I run Jaws 17 and windows 10 on it without any problems. I am thinking the portable rout for this guy in case he gets a job and needs to bring his own set up to work. He could just transport this back and forth to work and home. The one that I use seems to be pretty robust and I prefer it over a laptop. If anyone has any suggestions maybe you can point me in a direction for a good model.

Jeanette McAllister

I use a Lenovo ThinkPad which came highly recommended by a couple of FS Employees who use JAWS. I can use it with/without the keyboard that comes with it and I highly recommend it. I too, am running JAWS 17 and Windows 10. My Lenovo doesn’t have a 22 inch screen (I think the screen is 11 or 13 inches – I would have to double check), since I can’t see it, it really doesn’t matter on screen size to me.

*Please note - effective Friday April 1, 2016 my email address will be changing to jeanette@...; please make the appropriate changes to your address book. I will have limited access to the jeanette@... email address for the next couple weeks before it goes away completely.*

Jeanette McAllister  PhD

President / CEO

Assistive Technology Tutor

A Heart Staffing

PO Box 1277

Franklin, VA 23851

Direct: 757-346-0708

www.aheartstaffing.com

www.linkedin.com/in/aheartstaffing

Member-National Employment Committee – NFB

http://employment.nfb.org/

Member-  Virginia State Rehabilitation Council

                  Dept for the Blind and Visually Impaired

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."

         --Robert Louis Stevenso