moderated Can I get My messages to go to a specific folder automatically?

Ashleigh Piccinino

Rules and alerts doesn’t always work as I’ve tried it. For me, at least, sometimes the dialogue comes up that “one or more rules couldn’t be activated due to ...” Also, some of my dialogues say “the folder xxx has exceeded its storeage capasities.” I don’t know what that’s all about, and you’ll just have to manually move the messages into the folders. Sorry about that. I’ve gotten Rules and Alerts to work about a couple times, but if you put another rule in for a message, it adds it—so you could have Win10 and then subsiquent numbers behind that for how many more rules you’ve created for the folder.

On Feb 11, 2021, at 10:31 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

 'If you are using Outlook, it has the ability to create rules that would automatically move emails from a particular address into a folder and you can assign a different sound to those messages.
You would want to create a folder first, but this is at a level that would be hard to write out instructions for.
Microsoft accessibility would likely help you with this.
Or maybe someone knows a good online tutorial.
Microsoft accessibility phone: 800-936-5900

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Feb 11, 2021, at 8:16 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@...> wrote:

 Hi,
Is there a way to get my list messages into a specific folder? Like in Gmail you can automatically send messages into specific folders. I'm using Jaws.

want to talk about all sorts of topics? join my list by sending an email to blind-chatroom-request@... with subscribe in the subject field.

Richard Turner

If you are asking whether Outlook is going to stop, no. Outlook is here to stay.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Feb 12, 2021, at 8:25 PM, meow meow <soberwater26q@...> wrote:

Rosie here...
is outlook is stop use program?
that I thought outlook, internet explored is shutting down.
is this correct?
I'm using window live email now and wonder this going shutting down too the window live is from using program not from internet website.

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:31 PM

[...]

Maria Reyes

Hi Brian,
I am using an Outlook account. What I meant was like in Gmail I would have to go to the Gmail website to set up filters. Is There something similar for Outlook accounts?

On Feb 11, 2021, at 11:33 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:16 PM, Maria Reyes wrote:
Is there a way to get my list messages into a specific folder?
-
The generic answer:  Yes.

The remaining questions:  A specific folder in what e-mail client.  How one sets up filters differs depending on the client.
Are you using a Gmail account?  If so you should set up your filtering and labels (which are implemented as IMAP folders in an email client) in the Gmail web interface, then it's taken care of no matter what email client ends up being used.

           ~ André Gide