moderated moving from 1 Google doc to another

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 02:53 PM, Barbara Black wrote:
I was using alt F4 which clearly just closed Drive
-
You're welcome and you're a perfect example of why I generally avoid CTRL+F4.   ALT+F4 becomes almost entirely engrained and automatic as frequently as it's used, and you have to think actively about CTRL+F4.  Often even when you are doing so, you'll slip up.

Since CTRL+W closes a browsing tab in any browser I've ever used I suggest it instead.

           ~ André Gide

Barbara Black

Excellent – thank you Brian and Edward!  I was using alt F4 which clearly just closed Drive

Barbara

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:40 PM, Edward Green wrote:

Control f4 should do it.

-
While it does, I've seen far too many accidents where the automatic ALT+F4 gets used and shuts down the browser.  Just a word of caution.  There's nothing wrong with CTRL+F4, I just prefer CTRL+W if you're dealing with browser tabs as it's less accident prone.

           ~ André Gide

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:40 PM, Edward Green wrote:
Control f4 should do it.
-
While it does, I've seen far too many accidents where the automatic ALT+F4 gets used and shuts down the browser.  Just a word of caution.  There's nothing wrong with CTRL+F4, I just prefer CTRL+W if you're dealing with browser tabs as it's less accident prone.

           ~ André Gide

I have never changed the defaults, and any time I open a document in Google Docs (regardless of the specific type, docx, xlsx, etc.) that gets opened in its own tab (or window, if you have your browser set up to use new windows instead).  Just closing the tab with CTRL+W throws me right back to the Google Drive tab to look for the next thing.  Mind you, if you open multiple documents the Google Drive tab will be several steps to the left of where you are, and if you don't close all the things you've opened you'll need to navigate back there manually.

           ~ André Gide

Edward Green

Hi Barbara,

Control f4 should do it.

Cheers,

Ed

On 6 February 2021 17:37:08 "Barbara Black" <barbarablack413@...> wrote:

Hi-

I’m sure this is very simple and obvious but I cann’t figure out how to close a Google Doc while staying in Drive. For instance, I go to my  Drive, open a Google Doc, read it and want to close it and go to another Google Doc on my Drive.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Barbara

Barbara Black