moderated replying to a gmail message using html view

Jim Ruby

Hello Everyone,

When I reply to an email using gmail html view with microsoft edge or
any other browser I must hit f5 before I can work with the web page
again.

any suggestions to resolve this, it is annoying.

1 open gmail and click on a email to reply to
2. go down to the quick reply and enter text in the edit field and hit
the send button

At this point I can not do anything with the page until I press f5.

This even happens if I use default settings in jaws

Mike B

Hi Jim,

 I have this same issue when working with any of the chromium browsers when activating buttons or links!  Why in the hell are the chromium browsers so slow to respond to screen reader programs keystrokes?!  It's very irritating just sitting there waiting for a audio confirmation for a screen refresh and being uneasy about refreshing manually!  I'm referring to just browser use and not anything to do with email issues.  If anyone has any helpful tips for this irritating issue as well, please suggest some setting changes that might help with this problem.  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

When I reply to an email using gmail html view with microsoft edge or
any other browser I must hit f5 before I can work with the web page
again.

any suggestions to resolve this, it is annoying.

1 open gmail and click on a email to reply to
2. go down to the quick reply and enter text in the edit field and hit
the send button

At this point I can not do anything with the page until I press f5.

This even happens if I use default settings in jaws

Jim Ruby

Hi,

This was not happening in the previous version of jaws 2020. I will
have to go to the other machine and try it out again and see if it is
still the case. If 2020 works fine still then it is something in jaws
2021.

On 2/5/21, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I just fired up jaws version 2020 and it is working just fine. I sent
myself an email and I could reply to it just fine. I could stay on
that page and send myself multiple replies with no issues.

On 2/6/21, Jim Ruby via groups.io <jimruby67=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

For the hell of it I imported my 2020 settings in to 2021 and still
did not resolve the problem.
2020 works just fine with no problems.

Guess I'll just go back to 2020. I did write to jaws help, but all
they wanted me to do was zoom out and keep zooming out until it
started working.

Well that did nothing and did not fix the issue.
.