moderated How do I read Audible books in Audible Sync with JAWS 2021 on Windows 10 20H2?

Kevin Minor

Hi.

After a long while I was finally able to log into my Audible account in Audible Sync with JAWS 2021 and the latest Windows 10. I have a simple question. How do I read the books? I downloaded one, but everything I can think of to get it started isn’t working. I even thought of using the Touch Cursor, with no luck. Is another app required to read Audible content?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Edward Green

Hi Kevin,

You may need the standard Audible app. I know there's a Microsoft Store app though not sure how well it works.

I’ve stubbornly hung onto Audible Manager but don’t know if you can still get it as a desktop app.

Cheers,

Ed

On 4 February 2021 17:43:08 "Kevin Minor" <kminor65@...> wrote:

Hi.

After a long while I was finally able to log into my Audible account in Audible Sync with JAWS 2021 and the latest Windows 10. I have a simple question. How do I read the books? I downloaded one, but everything I can think of to get it started isn’t working. I even thought of using the Touch Cursor, with no luck. Is another app required to read Audible content?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Leo

Hi, have you tried using the scripts for Jaws  written by Doug Lee?

Have a look at it on the following link:

Using the JAWS Scripts For Audible (dlee.org)

Best,

     Leo Bado.