moderated Reading Googledocs with JAWS

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am trying to read a document from my church that was sent in Googledocs, but I am finding that when I read it I can only do so line-by-line, meaning I have to press the Down Arrow key after every line.  The JAWS Say All command will not work.  Is there a way using JAWS that I can read something in Googledocs straight through, as if I were using the Say All command in other documents?

Rick Miller

Ann Byrne

Be sure you have pressed alt-ctrl-z to turn on accessibility. In accessibility settings, turn on Braille even if you don't have a Braille display. At 10:22 PM 2/3/2021, you wrote:

Dear Listers:

I am trying to read a document from my church that was sent in Googledocs, but I am finding that when I read it I can only do so line-by-line, meaning I have to press the Down Arrow key after every line. The JAWS Say All command will not work. Is there a way using JAWS that I can read something in Googledocs straight through, as if I were using the Say All command in other documents?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

After you turn on Accessability, how do you go about accessing Accessability Settings?

Rick Miller

Be sure you have pressed alt-ctrl-z to turn on accessibility. In
accessibility settings, turn on Braille even if you don't have a
Braille display. At 10:22 PM 2/3/2021, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

I am trying to read a document from my church that was sent in
Googledocs, but I am finding that when I read it I can only do so
line-by-line, meaning I have to press the Down Arrow key after every
line. The JAWS Say All command will not work. Is there a way using
JAWS that I can read something in Googledocs straight through, as if
I were using the Say All command in other documents?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

After you do all this will Say All work?

Rick Miller

Be sure you have pressed alt-ctrl-z to turn on accessibility. In
accessibility settings, turn on Braille even if you don't have a
Braille display. At 10:22 PM 2/3/2021, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

I am trying to read a document from my church that was sent in
Googledocs, but I am finding that when I read it I can only do so
line-by-line, meaning I have to press the Down Arrow key after every
line. The JAWS Say All command will not work. Is there a way using
JAWS that I can read something in Googledocs straight through, as if
I were using the Say All command in other documents?

Rick Miller

Ann Byrne

AThere is a menu accessed with, I think, alt. Arrowing right should make it findable. I don't remember exactly. There is a good JAWS webinar on the FS sight, and an even better one on TCSaccess.com.
t 08:15 AM 2/4/2021, you wrote:

After you turn on Accessability, how do you go about accessing Accessability Settings?

Rick Miller

Be sure you have pressed alt-ctrl-z to turn on accessibility. In
accessibility settings, turn on Braille even if you don't have a
Braille display. At 10:22 PM 2/3/2021, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

I am trying to read a document from my church that was sent in
Googledocs, but I am finding that when I read it I can only do so
line-by-line, meaning I have to press the Down Arrow key after every
line. The JAWS Say All command will not work. Is there a way using
JAWS that I can read something in Googledocs straight through, as if
I were using the Say All command in other documents?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I've listned to the webinars about Googledocs you have, but it didn't tell about that, yet in your other message you had a good point about going to the Tools menu and then finding accessability settings and screen reader support. I'll try it later on.

Rick Miller