Latest unofficial JAWS Is Still Buggy

inamuddin khan

Dear friends, as some of you are well aware that Freedomscientific has launched a patch of JAWS 2018.1712.54 tries to resolve the issue of not reading message body in windows 10 mail app, but with this update, another problem arises which is more painful then the previous one.

With some of emails JAWS 2018.1712.54 simply freezes windows 10 mail app altogether!

I therefore would like to recommend  to all those who are thinking to update JAWS 2018, should stick themselves to JAWS 18 at least until further notice!

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I agree with you one thousand percent, Inamuddin. I'm not about to move up. I will be due for SMA, will go on and get it, but skip 2018. I've heard too many horror stories on various lists.

Regards,

Carolyn

Dear friends, as some of you are well aware that Freedomscientific has launched a patch of JAWS 2018.1712.54 tries to resolve the issue of not reading message body in windows 10 mail app, but with this update, another problem arises which is more painful then the previous one.

With some of emails JAWS 2018.1712.54 simply freezes windows 10 mail app altogether!

I therefore would like to recommend to all those who are thinking to update JAWS 2018, should stick themselves to JAWS 18 at least until further notice!

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@gmail.com
Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com
outlook:
inam092@outlook.com
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@yahoo.ca
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Carolyn,

It's of course your choice, but I sit at my various PC's at work all day long and heavily use Excel and Outlook as well as the Internet usually via Chrome or in a few cases still with IE, I use my point of sale software and Sage 50 Accounting, at home I sometimes use iTunes and I use Jaws 2018 both with Windows 7 and Windows 10 and it's just as good or better as Jaws 18 for me. I have already completely removed Jaws 18 from all my machines and except for the same occasional issues I had also with Jaws 18 it's just fine. I would say that with Windows 10 it's actually better.

Regards,
Sieghard

[...]

Dear friend, the matter of fact is that whatever I’m sharing with this great mailing list, is my own personal experience not rumor or any kind of horror story.

I have uninstalled my JAWS with shared components and reinstalled it.

Since then, I’m not experiencing any kind of freeze or any kind of app crash as I was experiencing before performing that reinstallation!

Being a member of this group, it is my responsibility to share with you what I experienced not what I have herd !

I sincerely hope that my emails will not be considered as rumor or any kind of horror story or any kind of miss guidance.

[...]

Dave...

innamuddin,

Are you saying that you uninstalled JAWS and also removed your shared components? Did you also remove your personal settings?

Dave

[...]

Yes I did the both things!

[...]

That is encouraging that 2018 is working well for you. I will wait for more positive endorsements and might install it after all.

[...]

Sweet friend, I’d like to advise you to wait at least until next official update of JAWS 2018 which in my guess will be due in February!

[...]

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,
2018 works wonderfully for me.
FYI, I’m using Windows on my mac, via Bootcamp.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Jan 12, 2018, at 5:28 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

[...]

Sweet Jessica, have you tested December update with windows 10 mail app and with stickey note?

For more informations please visit:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Support/TechnicalSupport/1670

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

FYI, I’m using Windows on my mac, via Bootcamp.

Thanks,

Jessica

> On Jan 12, 2018, at 5:28 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

> That is encouraging that 2018 is working well for you. I will wait for more positive endorsements and might install it after all.

> Regards,

> Carolyn

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Many systems have their unique characteristics, if you work for a large corporation there might be group policies which effect the performance of Jaws etc. My suggestion is to simply install Jaws 2018 and try it out on your system, it's not like you can really break something. If it doesn't work the way you want at least you have the ability to update it as updates are released and test it from time to time even if you use Jaws 18 for your day-to-day work. Being able to independently have several Jaws versions installed I thought was always a nice feature.

[...]

Jason White

I can add an endorsement: JAWS 2018 adds useful features, and I haven't encountered any bugs that weren't present in JAWS 18. In addition, it seems to me that the new installer, which is also used during upgrades, addresses the problems that I experienced with the older version.

I'm running Windows 10 at home and at work with JAWS 2018.

[...]

The new installer is greatly simplified, just a single press of the spacebar at the beginning to check the "I agree" checkbox followed by enter and that's it, no further interaction is required (or possible) until at the very end when you have to press enter to accept the "OK" when the installation is done and another enter to say "Yes" to reboot the system.

[...]

Dear friends, I’m very sorry to let you know that in replying of this thread, I have posted a wrong link for that I’m extremely sorry.

Please accept my sincere apology and here is the right link:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Support/TechnicalSupport/Bulletin/1670

HTH

[...]

Thanks. That sounds like sage advice, and I had pondered about maybe doing just that. You have reinforced the prudence of that. Thanks again.

Regards,

Carolyn

[...]

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

It works just fine for me also. You may have a problem with your install.

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.