From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Can a person buy the most current version of openbook and the pearl
camera without upgrading their version of jaws?

Hi list members, I'd like to buy the latest version of openbook and the pearl
camera, but I do have a question as to do I also have to upgrade my version of
jaws to the latest version of jaws in order for the pearl camera to work.
This is my question. I don't want to have to upgrade to the latest version of
jaws just to buy openbook and the pearl camera! Thank you for any information
that you might have concerning this question.

David Ingram

Thank you for that information. I thaught that there was something up when I talked to jeff because he acted as if I couldn't buy the openbook software and the pearl camera without having to upgrade my version of jaws. I'm just going to buy openbook and the camera thank you very much for this information.

camera without upgrading their version of jaws?

Hi list members, I'd like to buy the latest version of openbook and the pearl
camera, but I do have a question as to do I also have to upgrade my version of
jaws to the latest version of jaws in order for the pearl camera to work.
This is my question. I don't want to have to upgrade to the latest version of
jaws just to buy openbook and the pearl camera! Thank you for any information
that you might have concerning this question.

Don H

Keep in mind that FS hasn't updated Openbook for many years. Not sure it would be a good investment at this point.

Thank you for that information. I thaught that there was something up when I talked to jeff because he acted as if I couldn't buy the openbook software and the pearl camera without having to upgrade my version of jaws. I'm just going to buy openbook and the camera thank you very much for this information.
camera without upgrading their version of jaws?

Hi list members, I'd like to buy the latest version of openbook and the pearl
camera, but I do have a question as to do I also have to upgrade my version of
jaws to the latest version of jaws in order for the pearl camera to work.
This is my question. I don't want to have to upgrade to the latest version of
jaws just to buy openbook and the pearl camera! Thank you for any information
that you might have concerning this question.

Bill Tessore

Hi Don and David,
While it’s true that Openbook hasn’t been updated for a long time by comparison to some other softwares, I suppose it depends on your needs and expectations as to whether that is a deal breaking consideration or not. As a Literary Braille Transcriber Course, it has served my needs fairly well in preparing my final manuscript. Is it perfect? No, but then what is in this mercurial thecno-world of ours.
Shalom,
Bill Tessore
billtessore@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 10, 2018, at 6:11 AM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I would agree that given the price of Openbook and the Pearl camera this investment makes little sense to me. Why not upgrade to Jaws 2018 and buy just a Pearl camera and then use it with Jaws Convenient OCR?

the pearl camera without upgrading their version of jaws?

Hi list members, I'd like to buy the latest version of openbook and
the pearl camera, but I do have a question as to do I also have to
upgrade my version of jaws to the latest version of jaws in order for the pearl camera to work.
This is my question. I don't want to have to upgrade to the latest
version of jaws just to buy openbook and the pearl camera! Thank
you for any information that you might have concerning this question.

Francisco Salvador Crespo

There's a special at FS for Jaws 2018 users: if your Jaws license is up to date you can get the Pearl at half prize. I would upgrade Jaws and buy the Pearl discounted instead of buying OB.

Enviado desde mi iPhone