using the "news" app in Win 10 with Jaws 2018

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,

I just tried to use the “News” app in Windows 10, with Jaws 2018.

I had trouble opening an article I wanted, as well as finding it.

I had to use the tab key, to navigate, nothing else worked,

What can I do to fix this?

I’d like to be able to read news on my computer.

Thanks,

Jessica

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Jessica. I also must use the Tab key once I am in the News app. This does not impair my ability to use the program, though. If you press the “button” related to the article, as you tab, it will read each part of the article. The reason it works this way is because the News app for Windows 10 requires the touch cursor to navigate the controls. If you turn off the Touch Cursor by tapping the Vertual Cursor key command, you can navigate the news article with the Arrow keys. You must wait until you press the button related to the article before turning off the Touch Cursor.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I just tried to use the “News” app in Windows 10, with Jaws 2018.

I had trouble opening an article I wanted, as well as finding it.

I had to use the tab key, to navigate, nothing else worked,

What can I do to fix this?

I’d like to be able to read news on my computer.

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,

How do I re-enable the touch cursor, after I’ve finished reading?

Is the issue with cursors, you mentioned a bug?

Thanks,

Jessica

[...]

To re-enable the Touch Cursor, press the SHIFT key plus the Vertual Cursor Key.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

What’s the easiest way to get to the “share” button, when reading an article?

Thanks,

Jessica

[...]

Hi again, Jessica. There is no easy way to get to the “Share button”. I did it by using Shift plus Tab fourteen times.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Hi again, Jessica. May I suggest you read the bulletin at Freedom Scientific’s website. I will put the link below. This may solve your problem with reading with the Windows 10 News app.

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Support/TechnicalSupport/Bulletin/1670

Bill White

billwhite92701@...