moderated question on output ona Focus 40 Braille Display

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello List,

I am running the newest version of Jaws 2021.527

I have a Focus 40 Braille display on a Windows 10 laptop.

Does anyone know how to switch the Braille output on the display from grade 1 Braille to grade 2 Braille?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena,

Pittsburgh, PA

Randy Meyer

Jeff:

Chord dots 1,2,3,4,7, meaning press all six keys at once and release: spacebar,1,2,3,4,7

This turns contracted Braille on and off.  You will cycling between three settings: contracted Braille off, contracted Braille on for display, and contracted Braille on for input, this last setting means your input and output are both in contracted Braille.

Randy Meyer

I am running the newest version of Jaws 2021.527

I have a Focus 40 Braille display on a Windows 10 laptop.

Does anyone know how to switch the Braille output on the display from grade 1 Braille to grade 2 Braille?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena,

Pittsburgh, PA

Cohn, Jonathan

The grade and language of Braille is controlled by the screen reader. In JAWS open options braille and set it there. In NVDA there is a braille area in the settings dialog.
MAKE sure to look at both input and output settings.