moderated Jaws 2021 and text Attributes in MS Word

Leo

Hello,

I’m using Jaws 2021, and since the second January update, whenever I apply some text Attribute  to any text, Jaws verbalizes twice the action, for instance, if I apply  underlined text to a phrase, Jaws will verbalize underline on underline on.. This happens only in a word document, it does not happen, for instance, in outlook.

I’m using Microsoft Word Subscription Version 16.0.13530.20368

Is this happening to someone else?

Best,

     Leo Bado.

Mike B.

Hi Leo,

Have you updated J2021 with the update that came out yesterday?  I don't know if this will fix your problem but, give it a try.  This update stopped that
popping sound that so many people were having, so maybe it'll clear up your issue as well.  The download link and what's new with this release is below.

32 & 64 bit download link:

https://jaws2021.vfo.digital/2021.2012.57.400/4AD070D7-B284-424D-97A4-85ACBB926A1E/J2021.2012.57.400-any.exe

What's new:

Enhancements in JAWS 2021.2012.57 (January 19, 2021)
This update addresses a few key issues that were reported shortly after the January 2021 release.
To download the latest release, click on the link above

You must be logged on as an administrator to install this software.
list of 8 items
• A new feature was introduced earlier this month, designed to let a user change the volume of JAWS speaking or the system volume itself using a layered
keystroke: INSERT+SPACE, V followed by J for JAWS or S for System. Since this change, Eloquence users reported hearing Ticks when reading and typing, especially
around the letter O. We also had reports of the volume randomly changing when reading documents or web pages. These issues are now resolved.
•  Resolved an issue where pressing INSERT+ALT+SPACEBAR was not starting the Voice Assistant in JAWS or Fusion.
• The JAWS voice commands to speak faster or slower now adjusts the speech in larger increments.
• Addressed an issue where JAWS was not reading table headings in Excel.
• Added a new JAWS Dictionary entry for "DocuSign."
• When spell checking a document in Word, resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading as expected when navigating by word through the text containing
the error.
• Resolved an issue where attachments were not being reported correctly in the Danish version of Outlook 2019.
• In the Italian version of JAWS, addressed an issue where the keystrokes to access the Braille and Text Viewer layer, as well as the Volume layer, were
not working as expected.
list end

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.