moderated I can't get jaws 19 or 20 to install.

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I am running windows tem and have jaws 18 on the computer. I tried installing 19 and20 from the internet, and also tried the off line installers for both and got nowhere. The installer would fail at 50%. Any ideas on how to fix this? Jim

Randy Meyer

Jim:

Working with Freedom Scientific tech support, I recently got JAWS 2021 to install on my ElBraille, after having a similar problem.

Are you getting a Microsoft Visual C++ error?

This is the error I was getting.  After providing a few different log files to Freedom Scientific, as well as using speech history to provide them with the Visual C++ error, they provided me with instructions to fix Microsoft Visual C++, which was the real problem preventing the Jaws 2021 install.

I don’t know if this is the same issue you are having, or if the solution that worked for me would work for your 2020 and 2019 JAWS install problems.

Feel free to reference my name and my similar issue when talking Freedom Scientific tech support.

Randy Meyer

Hi all, I am running windows tem and have jaws 18 on the computer. I tried installing 19 and20 from the internet, and also tried the off line installers for both and got nowhere. The installer would fail at 50%. Any ideas on how to fix this? Jim

Jim Rawls

Thanks Randy, will check.

Hi all, I am running windows tem and have jaws 18 on the computer. I tried installing 19 and20 from the internet, and also tried the off line installers for both and got nowhere. The installer would fail at 50%. Any ideas on how to fix this? Jim

Randy Meyer

The Visual C++ error is in a different window.  Try tabbing around before closing the JAWS install.  Once my install hit 50 percent, the error was sitting in another window.

Randy Meyer