moderated how to keeps from going to your spam folder with Jaws?

Mario

I still use a Hotmail account and have no problem with posts from groups.io mailing lists.

-------- Original Message --------
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 2:18 PM
Subject: how to keeps from going to your spam folder with Jaws?
Hi Maria,
Sorry for the delay as I was watching the inauguration this morning. Anyway, as long as you were getting groups.Iowe messages to that Hotmail account I would leave it. I was not getting groups.io emails to my .MSN (yes I know it’s old) account. As a result, I created an outlook account and I am now getting most of my group .io emails in that account. I have created folders under the inbox to separate out the messages I want to keep from each of the groups. I owe list that I am on.
On Jan 19, 2021, at 9:52 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@outlook.com> wrote:

Joyce,
I think I saw the move menu when I did Shift + f10, but not sure about the junk menu. Side question: Should I switch my main email to Outlook.com because my main account is a Hotmail account.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joyce Feinberg
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 9:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to keeps from going to your spam folder with Jaws?

Maria,
If you know how to move a message, you should be able to mark the items not as spam. In the same context menu as move, you will find some thing labeled junk (I apologize that I do not know the shortcut keys). Once you highlight junk press enter. I believe four options will appear and what you want is to select never block sender‘s domain. A dialog box will appear and all you will need to do is tap through it until you select OK. At that point all groups that I owe should stay in your inbox instead of going to the junk email folder.
The other issue could be your own Internet service provider. I have an old Hotmail style email address and it will not except most groups that I owe addresses. Even if I do the above procedure, it still will not except new groups.io emails. As a result, I created another email address and most groups that I owe messages I receive go to that email without any issues.
On Jan 19, 2021, at 8:53 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@outlook.com> wrote:

Do you do that by moving the messages into your inbox? That's what I've been doing.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph
Hudson
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 2:49 PM

Hi, I don't believe that this can be a Jaws problem. Normally you have to go into the email service and mark them not a spam. This can be done on the iPhone very easy. And I believe in outlook easy as well. I haven't done it on outlook.
On Jan 19, 2021, at 1:36 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi. I don't know if this depends on the email service I'm using but how do I keep emails from my groups from going into my spam? I'm using the outlook program.

have an Apple Watch? Join my Apple Watch Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/714656389219147/?ref=share

Maria Reyes

I was also watching it. I was just wondering because I know Hotmail was discontinued in 2012 and I use this address for my groups.it looks like your msn account still receives the Aira list messages.

On Jan 20, 2021, at 11:57 PM, Joyce Feinberg <joycefeinberg@...> wrote:

Hi Maria,
Sorry for the delay as I was watching the inauguration this morning. Anyway, as long as you were getting groups.Iowe messages to that Hotmail account I would leave it. I was not getting groups.io emails to my .MSN (yes I know it’s old) account. As a result, I created an outlook account and I am now getting most of my group .io emails in that account. I have created folders under the inbox to separate out the messages I want to keep from each of the groups. I owe list that I am on.
On Jan 19, 2021, at 9:52 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@...> wrote:

Joyce,
I think I saw the move menu when I did Shift + f10, but not sure about the junk menu. Side question: Should I switch my main email to Outlook.com because my main account is a Hotmail account.

Maria,
If you know how to move a message, you should be able to mark the items not as spam. In the same context menu as move, you will find some thing labeled junk (I apologize that I do not know the shortcut keys). Once you highlight junk press enter. I believe four options will appear and what you want is to select never block sender‘s domain. A dialog box will appear and all you will need to do is tap through it until you select OK. At that point all groups that I owe should stay in your inbox instead of going to the junk email folder.
The other issue could be your own Internet service provider. I have an old Hotmail style email address and it will not except most groups that I owe addresses. Even if I do the above procedure, it still will not except new groups.io emails. As a result, I created another email address and most groups that I owe messages I receive go to that email without any issues.
On Jan 19, 2021, at 8:53 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@...> wrote:

Do you do that by moving the messages into your inbox? That's what I've been doing.

Hudson

Hi, I don't believe that this can be a Jaws problem. Normally you have to go into the email service and mark them not a spam. This can be done on the iPhone very easy. And I believe in outlook easy as well. I haven't done it on outlook.
On Jan 19, 2021, at 1:36 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@...> wrote:

Hi. I don't know if this depends on the email service I'm using but how do I keep emails from my groups from going into my spam? I'm using the outlook program.

Joyce Feinberg

Hi Maria,

On Jan 19, 2021, at 9:52 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@outlook.com> wrote:

Joyce,

Maria,

Hudson

Joseph Hudson

Hi Maria, yes you can do it that way. And you can also sometimes see a button that says Mark not a spam

On Jan 19, 2021, at 7:53 PM, Maria Reyes <reyesm191@outlook.com> wrote:

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson

Maria Reyes

Joyce,

Maria,

Hudson

Joyce Feinberg

Maria,

Maria Reyes

Joseph Hudson

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 02:36 PM, Maria Reyes wrote:
-
It could depend on your e-mail service provider or on Outlook's spam filtering or a combination of both.

If you want to eliminate Outlook from the equation then create a rule that makes sure that anything from the groups.io domain (has groups.io in the from address) is never sent to spam.

If your email service provider is classifying groups.io messages as spam then they need to be contacted and told to whitelist groups.io.  All groups.io messages are sent to someone for one and only one reason:  they subscribed.  They cannot, by definition, be spam because they are never unsolicited.  You can unsubscribe or go to nomail status at any time of your choosing.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Maria Reyes