JAWS and Windows 10

Kelsey Nicolay

Hello,
I have a question concerning JAWS and Windows 10. I have a license for
JAWS professional and was wondering if I can run that on Windows 10
home or if I need to buy a computer with Windows 10 professional. I
know you can't install a home edition of JAWS on a Windows
professional machine, but can you go the other way? My laptop I have
now came with Windows 7 professional, so I didn't have to worry about
compatibility.
Kind Regards,
Kelsey Nicolay

Nermin

Hi Kelsey,

this should work. I'm not even sure how Pro and Home differ from a JAWS perspective nowadays.
You used to have to pay almost twice the price, at least here in Europe, to get a working Pro license.

Regards,
Nermin

netbat66

i don't think it makes any difference.
i have used both the perfessional and home versions on windows 7 home and windows 10 perfessional as a demo with no problem.
i'm useing the paid home version now on both with no probllem
about the only thing different is with home you can only install it on 3 computers. the pro version can be installed on 5 computers i think.
i'm not sure about the remote service between the two.
other then this both versions are the same.

I have a question concerning JAWS and Windows 10. I have a license for
JAWS professional and was wondering if I can run that on Windows 10
home or if I need to buy a computer with Windows 10 professional. I
know you can't install a home edition of JAWS on a Windows
professional machine, but can you go the other way? My laptop I have
now came with Windows 7 professional, so I didn't have to worry about
compatibility.
Kind Regards,
Kelsey Nicolay

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Yes you can install Joss professional on the Home windows computer or Windows professional computer John’s professional was just to name call version for home use

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2018, at 09:55, Nermin via Groups.Io <voy44=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Kelsey,

this should work. I'm not even sure how Pro and Home differ from a JAWS perspective nowadays.
You used to have to pay almost twice the price, at least here in Europe, to get a working Pro license.

Regards,
Nermin

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

The only difference nowadays is in the licensing. Basically FS says that if you own your computer even if you use it for your own business you can just use Jaws Home, it saves you a bit of money for your SMA every two years. Jaws Professional these days is primarily meant for companies who purchase Jaws to be used on company computers by employees who don't own said computers. You were always able to install a Jaws Professional version on a home version of Windows even back in the XP days, but back then if you wanted to use Windows XP Professional you needed Jaws professional fro this to work.
When I bought my last SMA I also didn't really know this, next time I have to buy an SMA I will downgrade to Home because while I have a retail store with a number of computers, I own the computers and I am the only blind person who uses them with Jaws, all my other staff are sighted.

Regards,
Sieghard

Yes you can install Joss professional on the Home windows computer or Windows professional computer John’s professional was just to name call version for home use

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2018, at 09:55, Nermin via Groups.Io <voy44=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Kelsey,

this should work. I'm not even sure how Pro and Home differ from a JAWS perspective nowadays.
You used to have to pay almost twice the price, at least here in Europe, to get a working Pro license.

Regards,
Nermin

Steve Nutt

Hi,

You can I believe, install either on either. The only difference between the licences is that JAWS Professional is for commercial use, and JAWS Home is only for home use.

The operating system doesn't matter.

All the best

Steve

I have a question concerning JAWS and Windows 10. I have a license for JAWS professional and was wondering if I can run that on Windows 10 home or if I need to buy a computer with Windows 10 professional. I know you can't install a home edition of JAWS on a Windows professional machine, but can you go the other way? My laptop I have now came with Windows 7 professional, so I didn't have to worry about compatibility.
Kind Regards,
Kelsey Nicolay

Owais Patel <owaisipatel@...>

Hi there. I called place known as Canadialog in Canada. Those people said that the Home Edition can be used at work too because Jaws can be installed on many computers. The Professional Edition is only needed when a Company would register it under its name.

Sincerely,
Owais