moderated Adding Members To An Already-existing Outlook E-mail Group

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

After a recent Microsoft 365 update, I am now unable to easily navigate and add members to an already-existing E-mail group in Outlook.

The procedures for doing this have apparently changed, and I haven’t been able to access the needed options, even with sighted assistance.

I have contacted Freedom Scientific about this, and they tell me this is a Microsoft issue, not a Jaws issue.

If someone has figured out a way to do this, please post to the list.

I’m using Microsoft 365 with the latest Jaws 2021 update on a Windows 10 PC.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Maria Reyes

is that what the groups folder is on my outlook account?

sent from the iPhone 11 Pro

On Jan 14, 2021, at 3:01 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

After a recent Microsoft 365 update, I am now unable to easily navigate and add members to an already-existing E-mail group in Outlook.

The procedures for doing this have apparently changed, and I haven’t been able to access the needed options, even with sighted assistance.

I have contacted Freedom Scientific about this, and they tell me this is a Microsoft issue, not a Jaws issue.

If someone has figured out a way to do this, please post to the list.

I’m using Microsoft 365 with the latest Jaws 2021 update on a Windows 10 PC.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Richard Turner

I’d call Microsoft Accessibility.

800-936-5900

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

After a recent Microsoft 365 update, I am now unable to easily navigate and add members to an already-existing E-mail group in Outlook.

The procedures for doing this have apparently changed, and I haven’t been able to access the needed options, even with sighted assistance.

I have contacted Freedom Scientific about this, and they tell me this is a Microsoft issue, not a Jaws issue.

If someone has figured out a way to do this, please post to the list.

I’m using Microsoft 365 with the latest Jaws 2021 update on a Windows 10 PC.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

David Kingsbury

Hi Tom and others,

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I have always found that editing a contact group in Outlook is a big pain and not worth the trouble, especially if the list is fairly big and people are frequently needing to be added or deleted to the group. If you use Excel, even at just a basic level, it is much simpler. You can maintain the list of these addresses in Excel, easily adding or deleting members as needed.

To address an email message, In the Excel file were you have listed the addresses in a column, simply select the list by starting on the top address and pressing Shift down arrow until you have selected all the addresses. If the list is long, from the top, instead press Control Shift down arrow and that will select all the way to the bottom of the list.

Now press Control C to copy.

Open Outlook and press Control N to start preparing a message. Then press Control V in either the To or BCC field to paste them all in. Then complete the rest of the message and send it off.

David

My post on the Office Accessibility Group:  Creating a Contact Group in Outlook 2016 and Later

Unless something's changed very recently, the process should be the same.

Another member noted in October that there was a weirdness with JAWS 2020 and dealing with a contact group.  I have no idea whether that was ever resolved, as I haven't touched JAWS in ages now.  See: https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/message/778

           ~ André Gide

I'll also add, as a general practice, it's always good to try doing something you know worked when you did it last, but is not working now, with your backup screen reader.  It allows you to rule-in or out the screen reader itself in many cases.

           ~ André Gide

Tom Behler

David:

This is interesting.

I’ll save for future reference, especially if I can’t directly get new members added into the group as it currently exists.

Why this has become so difficult recently is beyond me.

Used to be so easy.

Tom Behler

[...]

Brian, Can you send me the address to subscribe to the list? You can send it to me privately so we don’t spam the list.

My post on the Office Accessibility Group:  Creating a Contact Group in Outlook 2016 and Later

Unless something's changed very recently, the process should be the same.

Another member noted in October that there was a weirdness with JAWS 2020 and dealing with a contact group.  I have no idea whether that was ever resolved, as I haven't touched JAWS in ages now.  See: https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/message/778

           ~ André Gide

Anita

Hi,
I would also like that address too, please.
thanks,
Anita