moderated Problem with outlook, office 365, and possibly, Jaws 2021

Van Lant, Robin

Al,

I think what you are looking for is to turn off the system tray notifications for Outlook.  Hit Alt F, then t to open the Outlook Options window.  Arrow down the Mail then tab through the setting choices.  There is a section or message arrival and a number of checkboxes.  I think I have all of them unchecked as I do not want any notification of new messages.  Tip: once you mark those checkboxes the way you want, use Shift Tab to cycle to the OK button.  There are so many settings in that window that you’ll be annoyed if you try to tab to the OK button.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Problem with outlook, office 365, and possibly, Jaws 2021

               Good evening everyone,

When I’m in my inbox,  I’ve been experiencing the following issue.  It seems that while I’m reading a message that’s open,  I’ll get a notification sound that tells me that I’m receiving a new message, which reads the header of the incoming message. It will just start reading the message  on top of the one that I’ve been reading.  If anyone on list here has a fix for this problem,  please let me know how I can correct this problem from happening in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Al

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Maria Reyes

What’s interesting is that Jaws doesn’t read the new message at all, I just hear the sound.