moderated How to switch between mail accounts in Outlook?

Maria Reyes

Hi, Yes I realized that I had pressed control T and that started a new discussion. Control Y did bring me to the folder tree view.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to switch between mail accounts in Outlook?

Thanks for clearing that up.  When they said control+y started a new discussion, I was very surprised as that has been my way of changing accounts since I started using Outlook with 2003 if not earlier.

I have never used the discussions.  Now I know how to start one if I want to.

Later,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:41 AM

You probably accidently pressed Control + T instead of Control + Y, T starts a new discussion and Y is for the folder list. These are Outlook shortcut keys and I highly doubt this would be different for you, just a small shift to the left since T is next to Y.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Reyes
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 8:13 AM

So I found out that Control y started a new discussion so I had to use Shift f6 to get to the tree view.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of andy.tidwell
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 11:10 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; blind-techies@groups.io

Hello, I forgot to say the instructions I sent are for using Jaws 21 and out look 365. Sorry for any confusion.

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 1:20 AM
Subject: How to switch between mail accounts in Outlook?

Hi I am using Jaws and can’t figure out how to switch between my mail accounts to check mail. Is there a command to do that?

Richard Turner

Thanks for clearing that up.  When they said control+y started a new discussion, I was very surprised as that has been my way of changing accounts since I started using Outlook with 2003 if not earlier.

I have never used the discussions.  Now I know how to start one if I want to.

Later,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:41 AM

You probably accidently pressed Control + T instead of Control + Y, T starts a new discussion and Y is for the folder list. These are Outlook shortcut keys and I highly doubt this would be different for you, just a small shift to the left since T is next to Y.

So I found out that Control y started a new discussion so I had to use Shift f6 to get to the tree view.

Hello, I forgot to say the instructions I sent are for using Jaws 21 and out look 365. Sorry for any confusion.

Hi I am using Jaws and can’t figure out how to switch between my mail accounts to check mail. Is there a command to do that?

andy.tidwell

Hello Maria, You can also press control + shift + tab and this also puts you back in the treview  and also doing it this way you can also get back in to the last inbox you just got out of without having to inter another inbox first so I have been doing it this way since I got 365. Several years ago.

Richard Turner

I don’t use conversations in Outlook, so maybe that is the difference, but control+y has worked for me since Outlook 2003.

Richard

Maria Reyes

andy.tidwell

andy.tidwell

Hello, you can use first letter navigation or just press the letter I or if you wish you can press the home key to take you to the top of the list. When you use first letter navigation you need to press the down arrow once to get to the inbox. You can use the up and down arrow keys to take you through the whole list in each inbox .

Maria Reyes

Hi Barbara, when in the message list, hit Alt F and Jaws will say info, then tab and you’ll hear selected account then your email address. Down arrow until you hear add account.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barbara Black
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:46 AM

Hi –

An additional (actually precursor) related question – how do I set up an additional account/email address in Outlook?

Thanks

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Maria Reyes

Tom Behler

Maria:

I’m not sure how your Outlook is set up, but try shift F6.

This should put you in a list view for your various accounts and the folders within those accounts.

I have a University account and my personal g-mail account in Outlook, and this is how I navigate between them.

Am using Jaws 2021 with Windows 10 and office 365 here.

Tom Behler

Richard Turner

An easier way to change accounts, depending on your setup, is while in the inbox of your main account, press controrol+y then you can either use first letter navigation or arrow down. I have four email accounts, three of which start with the letter r,  so I press control+y and hit r, and the first thing I land on is the RSS folder, so I press r again, and I'm on the next account which says closed. Right arrow to open, then down arrow to inbox and press enter. If you want to leave that account open, repeat control+y and use first letter navigation to get to the next or cycle back to the main account. 
If you want to close that one, after control+y left arrow until it is closed, and then first letter navigation or up arrow, etc. 

Richard

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

On Jan 12, 2021, at 3:46 AM, Barbara Black <barbarablack413@...> wrote:

Hi –

An additional (actually precursor) related question – how do I set up an additional account/email address in Outlook?

Thanks

Barbara

Barbara Black

Hi –

Thanks

Barbara

Delaunay Christophe

Hi Maria and all,

My response is relevant for Microsoft Outlook in its Microsoft 365 app version. I can’t determine if it will be the same for Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016 or any other.

So, here is how I do it in the Outlook 365 app which is installed on my computer.

First, in the main Outlook window, i.e. the window which is displayed as soon as Outlook is open, and which displays the list of messages for a selected folder, I first ensure that the folders pane is visible.

For this, I press the <alt> key in order to focus on the upper ribbon and then right arrows until “View” is selected.

As soon as I hear “View”, I press the down arrow in order to navigate to the lower ribbon. In this ribbon, I press the <tab> key as many times as needed to hear “Layout submenu”. Then, I press <enter> to open this menu.

The first option should be “Folder pane”. If it is not the case, press the up or down arrow until you hear “Folder pane”.

Then, I press the right arrow and then, I navigate in the “Folder pane” submenu with up or down arrow until I hear “Normal”. If I do not hear “Checked” just after “Normal”, I press the <enter> key to check it. If I hear “Normal checked”, I press the <escape> key in order to avoid unchecking it.

Now, I’m hopefully back to the main window. Then, if you are focused on the messages list, press <ctrl+shift+tab> or <shift+f6> to focus to the folder pane. This is a tree view in which your accounts are at level 0 and their folders are at subsequent levels. In order to switch among your accounts, just navigate in this tree view like you would in any other tree view.

HTH, Have a nice day and happy new year to all. Chris D

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Reyes via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 7:20 AM

Maria Reyes