moderated Microsoft Word and Styles

Mark

In another thread, Robin Van Lant asked an interesting question about Word and Headings in another thread. I had a related question I thought best for a separate thread. Does anyone have experience customizing and applying Word styles with JAWS? Since a style is just a group of font and typographic settings that can be applied to line or paragraph of text, they are really helpful for people who do lots of writing for visual readers, such as students writing essays or a lawyer writing legal briefs.

Richard Turner

Mark,

If you bring up the list of Styles, and arrow down to say heading level 1 and tab, you will find buttons like, apply, modify, etc.

If you select modify, you can go through and set the font, size, attributes, whether it is centered, etc.

At the end of all that will be an option to apply to the current or save it for all documents or something like that.

I did mine a while back so don’t remember the exact phrasing.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com