Topics

moderated I can't get jaws 20219 or jaws 2020 to install.

Jim Rawls

Ok, I’ll watch for it. Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Meyer
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 1:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I can't get jaws 20219 or jaws 2020 to install.

Jim:

I am having a similar issue with JAWS 2021 on my ElBraille.  JAWS 2021 successfully installed on my desktop computer, but not on my ElBraille.

FS is working on my issue, and I will let you know when they solve it.

I am getting windows c+ run command and failing at 50 percent.

Randy Meyer

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 12:10 PM
Subject: I can't get jaws 20219 or jaws 2020 to install.

Hi all, the install starts, but when it gets to 50%, I get a message that says, the jaws install has failed. I am authorized for both versions. Any ideas on how to fix this/>? I am running jaws 18on a w10 computer.

Randy Meyer

Jim:

I am having a similar issue with JAWS 2021 on my ElBraille.  JAWS 2021 successfully installed on my desktop computer, but not on my ElBraille.

FS is working on my issue, and I will let you know when they solve it.

I am getting windows c+ run command and failing at 50 percent.

Randy Meyer

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 12:10 PM

Hi all, the install starts, but when it gets to 50%, I get a message that says, the jaws install has failed. I am authorized for both versions. Any ideas on how to fix this/>? I am running jaws 18on a w10 computer.

Jim Rawls

I’m calling FS. I tried your idea and unfortunately it didn’t work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 10:57 AM

Installing jaws without jaws running sometimes avoids conflicts, so trying it doesn’t hurt anything and it might help.

If not, calling support is the next logical step.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 10:49 AM

Are you trying to install both at once? If not, in which sequence are you attempting to install them?

I learned from Vispero tech support that if an install (or repair) fails, try running it again. Have you done that yet?

Someone suggested running narrator, but I’m not sure how that would help. Obviously, you’re getting the failed message.

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 1:10 PM

Richard Turner

Installing jaws without jaws running sometimes avoids conflicts, so trying it doesn’t hurt anything and it might help.

If not, calling support is the next logical step.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

Are you trying to install both at once? If not, in which sequence are you attempting to install them?

I learned from Vispero tech support that if an install (or repair) fails, try running it again. Have you done that yet?

Someone suggested running narrator, but I’m not sure how that would help. Obviously, you’re getting the failed message.

Michael Mote

You may consider running the off-line installer that you can download from the downloads area as well.

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 1:49 PM

Jim Rawls

I am not trying to install them together, but one at a time in sequence, 2019 first and 2020 second. .groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt

Adrian Spratt

Richard Turner

Try running the install with Narrator running instead of Jaws.

If that doesn’t work, then I’d call FS or Microsoft Accessibility support.

Richard

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Jim Rawls