From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 01:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: mute topic option

Hello all:

When I open an e-mail message, and tab until I hear the mute topic option
spoken, do I just have to press the enter key to have all further
messages(with this topic) "muted?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

https://www.avg.com

David,

           That's how it should work, though it's been ages since I last activated a Mute this Topic link in an e-mail message.  If you are not logged in on the Groups.io website, you will be prompted to enter your login ID (the e-mail address with which you've subscribed) and password, as topic muting is something managed under your account level settings, but everything is already "filled in" as far as the actual information to mute a specific topic.  If you have never established a password for your Groups.io account, then see:  Establishing a Groups.io Website Account Password If You’ve Been an E-Mail Only User (docx)

            What Sandra describes sounds like focus has somehow jumped back to the Reply to Sender link rather than remaining on the Mute this topic link.

           ~ André Gide

Sandra Streeter

So, now that I have you here, how do I get the focus to jump back to where it should be? I try to home in again on the link, press enter, and end up with the same issue... sigh...

Sandra

“Fantasy is a higher form of Art, indeed the most nearly pure form, and so (when achieved) the most potent.”

(J. R. R. Tolkien)

           That's how it should work, though it's been ages since I last activated a Mute this Topic link in an e-mail message.  If you are not logged in on the Groups.io website, you will be prompted to enter your login ID (the e-mail address with which you've subscribed) and password, as topic muting is something managed under your account level settings, but everything is already "filled in" as far as the actual information to mute a specific topic.  If you have never established a password for your Groups.io account, then see:  Establishing a Groups.io Website Account Password If You’ve Been an E-Mail Only User (docx)

            What Sandra describes sounds like focus has somehow jumped back to the Reply to Sender link rather than remaining on the Mute this topic link.

           ~ André Gide

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Sandra,

         My suggestion would be using the JAWS links list feature, and activating it from there.  I really don't understand why you're having the problem you're having, but trying another method to gain focus on the link would be my first choice.

           ~ André Gide