moderated Tkeystrokes to get to laptop layout

Bonnie Vegiard

Hi everyone,
I worked with Technical support last week on getting my laptop to work with fusion. We changed my keyboard configuration to laptop layout, but for some reason the setting didn’t save. I have gone over and over the interface trying to find the place to change it back to laptop layout, and I can’t find it anywhere. Help is not helping at all. Does anyone know where I can change the setting? I am using fusion 2021. Thank you! Also, for some reason help only seems to address zoom text, nothing comes up about jaws. Very strange.

Thank you, Bonnie

Mike B.

Hi Bonnie,

What will help in giving instructions to change the keyboared layout is, are you running Jaws from the system tray and are you using the capslock key as the Jaws key?  Also, does your laptop have a numpad or not?
Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 2:08 PM
Subject: Tkeystrokes to get to laptop layout

Hi everyone,
I worked with Technical support last week on getting my laptop to work with fusion. We changed my keyboard configuration to laptop layout, but for some reason the setting didn’t save. I have gone over and over the interface trying to find the place to change it back to laptop layout, and I can’t find it anywhere. Help is not helping at all. Does anyone know where I can change the setting? I am using fusion 2021. Thank you! Also, for some reason help only seems to address zoom text, nothing comes up about jaws. Very strange.

Thank you, Bonnie

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Mike. Bonnie isn't running JAWS. She's running Fusion.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 2:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Tkeystrokes to get to laptop layout

Hi Bonnie,

What will help in giving instructions to change the keyboared layout is, are you running Jaws from the system tray and are you using the capslock key as the Jaws key?  Also, does your laptop have a numpad or not?

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Mike B.

Hi Bill,

Oh okay, I was under the impression that Jaws and Fusion worked together.

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 3:54 PM

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Hi, Mike. JAWS and Fusion do work together, but I don't think JAWS must be installed to run Fusion. The reason I brought it to your attension is that I don't know if the settings dialogs look anything like those of JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 4:11 PM

Hi Bill,

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Abraham Sweiss

Jaws is installed with fusion

I believe to switch the keyboard layout the configuration in jaws needs to be updated.
Thanks,abraham 

On Dec 31, 2020, at 7:38 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Mike. JAWS and Fusion do work together, but I don't think JAWS must be installed to run Fusion. The reason I brought it to your attension is that I don't know if the settings dialogs look anything like those of JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Hi again, Mike. Abraham Sweiss told me that JAWS is installed with Fusion. I went and looked at the documentation, and found out that Fusion is a combination of JAWS and ZoomText.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Bonnie Vegiard

Hi again everyone,
Fusion is a combination of jaws and Zoom text. I have a laptop that does not have a numb pad. When I worked with IT, he gave me a few keystrokes and suddenly I was at the place to change the layout from desktop to laptop. When the layout is changed, then the caps lock key works as the jaws key. However, right now, the setting has apparently reverted back to desktop, and I cannot remember the keystrokes he used to get me to that setting.I have gone over and over the interface, I have tried to use the help topics and Google. No luck. It looks to me like the help topics only refer to Zoom text for some reason, even though fusion is supposed to be a combination of
 I have gone over and over the interface, I have tried to use the help topics and Google. No luck. It looks to me like the help topics only refer to zoom text for some reason, even though fusion is supposed to be a combination of jaws and Zoom text. Help has no reference to jaws, at least in my fusion 2021 version. That’s why I’m hoping someone can give me the keystrokes that I need without waiting until Monday to talk to IT. Appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

Bonnie

On Dec 31, 2020, at 9:06 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi again, Mike. Abraham Sweiss told me that JAWS is installed with Fusion. I went and looked at the documentation, and found out that Fusion is a combination of JAWS and ZoomText.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Abraham Sweiss

You will need to review the jaws settings to change the keyboard layout.
I suspect there is a layered key stroke combination to switch between the different keyboard layout
If you select the jaws Key plus the Space bar plus ?, – Should provide the list of all possible layered keystroke combinations.

Thanks,abraham 

On Jan 1, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Bonnie Vegiard <bonnievegiard@...> wrote:

Hi again everyone,
Fusion is a combination of jaws and Zoom text. I have a laptop that does not have a numb pad. When I worked with IT, he gave me a few keystrokes and suddenly I was at the place to change the layout from desktop to laptop. When the layout is changed, then the caps lock key works as the jaws key. However, right now, the setting has apparently reverted back to desktop, and I cannot remember the keystrokes he used to get me to that setting.I have gone over and over the interface, I have tried to use the help topics and Google. No luck. It looks to me like the help topics only refer to Zoom text for some reason, even though fusion is supposed to be a combination of
 I have gone over and over the interface, I have tried to use the help topics and Google. No luck. It looks to me like the help topics only refer to zoom text for some reason, even though fusion is supposed to be a combination of jaws and Zoom text. Help has no reference to jaws, at least in my fusion 2021 version. That’s why I’m hoping someone can give me the keystrokes that I need without waiting until Monday to talk to IT. Appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

Bonnie

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Hi, Bonnie. In JAWS 2021,

1. Press JAWS key plus J to open JAWS menu,

2. Press ENTER on Options.

3. Press ENTER on Basics.

4. TAB seven times to get to Keyboard Layout.

5. Down Arrow once to get to Laptop Keyboard Layout.

6. TAB twice to get to OK, and press ENTER.

7. Your Keyboard Layout should now be on Laptop Layout.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bonnie Vegiard
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2021 7:14 AM

Hi again everyone,

Bonnie

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

John Covici

In my Jaws, its under options, basic -- right there.

On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 11:20:24 -0500,
Abraham Sweiss wrote:

[1 <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
I suspect there is a layered key stroke combination to switch between the different keyboard layout
If you select the jaws Key plus the Space bar plus ?, – Should provide the list of all possible layered keystroke combinations.

Thanks,abraham

On Jan 1, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Bonnie Vegiard <bonnievegiard@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi again everyone,

Bonnie
On Dec 31, 2020, at 9:06 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Hi Bill,

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Hi Bonnie,

What will help in giving instructions to change the keyboared layout is, are you running Jaws from the system tray and are you using the capslock key as the Jaws key? Also, does your laptop have a numpad or not?
Stay safe and take care. Mike.

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

[2 <text/html; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Tim Dixon

Hello

I have fusion 2020. From the Fusion window

Alt F then L then L

That takes you to the file menu, then hot key layouts and L for laptop or D for desktop. 

Hope that helps
Thanks
Tim

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Abraham Sweiss <abrahamsweiss8@...>
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2021 4:20:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Thanks,abraham 

Hi again everyone,

Bonnie

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie

Bonnie Vegiard

Thanks so much. I did finally find the setting. It was difficult because the fusion interface is so different from the jars interface.

On Jan 2, 2021, at 12:03 AM, Tim Dixon <tim@...> wrote:

Hello

I have fusion 2020. From the Fusion window

Alt F then L then L

That takes you to the file menu, then hot key layouts and L for laptop or D for desktop. 

Hope that helps
Thanks
Tim

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Abraham Sweiss <abrahamsweiss8@...>
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2021 4:20:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Thanks,abraham 

Hi again everyone,

Bonnie

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bill,

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi Bonnie,

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Bonnie