moderated version questions

Madison Martin

Hi all,
How do I get the exact version of Jaws that I'm running? Also, when I do the
keystroke to get the Outlook version I copy and paste it, but it doesn't show up
in the message, but as attachments, none of which are the actual version info
they just seem to be recent messages, what am I doing wrong? Thanks
Madison

JM Casey

Hey Madison.
A good way to get JAWS version information displayed inn a convenient little
window is to go to the JAWS menu with jaws key + j, and hit up arrow once
(probably, this might be version dependent I suppose, but it's usuallya t
the bottom) to "about". Hit enter and you'll get what you need.

As for outlook, I am not sure quite what it is that you want. You want to
know your outlook version number and then paste it to someone? If you are
getting that info with tge command JAWS commands to display the version
information of an executable, this isn't displayed on screen so you can't
copy and paste it as though it was a line of text placed in an edit field.
It isn't. But if you wanted you could use speech history to retrieve it.
Press insert space, then h, then up arrow til you find the text that you
need, then copy and paste, and press escape.
There are usually more efficient ways to get version info. I seem to
remember outlook having an 'about" screen somewhere, too, but at the moment
I can't find it. Haha

How do I get the exact version of Jaws that I'm running? Also, when I do the
keystroke to get the Outlook version I copy and paste it, but it doesn't
show up in the message, but as attachments, none of which are the actual
version info they just seem to be recent messages, what am I doing wrong?
Thanks Madison

Mario

to get the version of a program in a virtual window so you can copy it and paste to where you want, press control+insert+v v. if you don't press v twice quickly, I mean really quickly, it won't work.

How do I get the exact version of Jaws that I'm running? Also, when I do the
keystroke to get the Outlook version I copy and paste it, but it doesn't
show up in the message, but as attachments, none of which are the actual
version info they just seem to be recent messages, what am I doing wrong?
Thanks Madison

.

Madison Martin

Yes that's what I'm wanting.

How do I get the exact version of Jaws that I'm running? Also, when I do the
keystroke to get the Outlook version I copy and paste it, but it doesn't show up
in the message, but as attachments, none of which are the actual version info
they just seem to be recent messages, what am I doing wrong?
Thanks Madison

Richard Turner

Insert+j then up arrow does not work if you have Jaws in the System tray.
But, insert+j followed by control+insert+v works in any setup.
And, control+insert+v works in any and all programs.
Twice quickly puts it in the virtual window so you can copy it by using shift+the arrow keys depending on how much you want to copy.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com
*

How do I get the exact version of Jaws that I'm running? Also, when I do
the keystroke to get the Outlook version I copy and paste it, but it
doesn't show up in the message, but as attachments, none of which are
the actual version info they just seem to be recent messages, what am I
doing wrong?
Thanks Madison

.

Richard Turner

If you are hearing alt+windows+q when pressing the insert key, you have issues that likely won't be resolved via email.
I think perhaps it is time to call Microsoft Accessibility 800-936-5900
Or try calling Freedom Scientific, I don't have their support number memorized, but their sales number is 800-444-4443.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com
*

* My web site, https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7C576acca0d3cc40c4f25d08d8ac224836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637448610521732036%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=Dh1dMD7k3ytpOAmoUWTc9Qquka5Qn1jqAuwOC%2FM1NdM%3D&amp;reserved=0
*
[...]

It works with JAWS 2018, as well.

It would be a surprising change if they removed it altogether, but I did say the position of the option might be version dependent. It's usually very near the bottom of for example a help menu in most programmes.