moderated P.S. to Earlier Message about Spotify Podcasts

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where you choose the “all episodes,” option, which I know is in a combo box, to the right of that is a button where you can sort the episodes from either newest to oldest or oldest to newest.  JAWS cannot seem to find this button.  I am really trying to find out about this, so if any of you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Ann Byrne

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA sometimes does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where you choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo box, to the right of that is a button where you can sort the episodes from either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS cannot seem to find this button. I am really trying to find out about this, so if any of you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

How do you install Narrator?

Rick Miller

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA
sometimes does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where
you choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo
box, to the right of that is a button where you can sort the
episodes from either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS
cannot seem to find this button. I am really trying to find out
about this, so if any of you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will
you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Rick. Narrator is part of Windows. Do you have Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA
sometimes does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where
you choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo
box, to the right of that is a button where you can sort the
episodes from either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS
cannot seem to find this button. I am really trying to find out
about this, so if any of you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will
you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Scott Pearl

Do a Windows Control Enter and Narrator should come on. If you do the same keystroke Narrator will shut off.

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA sometimes does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where you
choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo box, to
the right of that is a button where you can sort the episodes from
either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS cannot seem to find
this button. I am really trying to find out about this, so if any of
you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

That's only if he has Windows 10. If he has Windows 7, it's completely
different.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Do a Windows Control Enter and Narrator should come on. If you do the same
keystroke Narrator will shut off.

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA sometimes
does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where you
choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo box, to
the right of that is a button where you can sort the episodes from
either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS cannot seem to find
this button. I am really trying to find out about this, so if any of
you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I do have Windows 10.

Rick Miller

Do a Windows Control Enter and Narrator should come on. If you do the same
keystroke Narrator will shut off.

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA sometimes
does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where you
choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo box, to
the right of that is a button where you can sort the episodes from
either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS cannot seem to find
this button. I am really trying to find out about this, so if any of
you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I have tried that. Narrator did come on, but it did not indicate that there was a "sort," button, yet my niece tells me it does pop up if you have "all episodes," selected.

Rick Miller

Do a Windows Control Enter and Narrator should come on. If you do the same keystroke Narrator will shut off.

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA sometimes does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where you
choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo box, to
the right of that is a button where you can sort the episodes from
either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS cannot seem to find
this button. I am really trying to find out about this, so if any of
you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I have Windows 10.

Rick Miller

Hi, Rick. Narrator is part of Windows. Do you have Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Sometimes Narrator sees buttons that JAWS doesn't. Also NVDA
sometimes does. Worth a try.

At 09:10 AM 12/28/2020, you wrote:
Dear Listers:

My niece tells me that in the list of podcast episodes that where
you choose the "all episodes," option, which I know is in a combo
box, to the right of that is a button where you can sort the
episodes from either newest to oldest or oldest to newest. JAWS
cannot seem to find this button. I am really trying to find out
about this, so if any of you have ever used Spotify with JAWS will
you please get back to me.

Rick Miller

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

In regard to the button jaws can't fine. Have you tried the jaws cursor or the touch cursor? To activate the touch cursor you hold down the shift key and press the plus key on the numb pad. To exit the touch cursor Press the plus key twice quickly. The touch cursor just like using a touchscreen use the left and right arrows to move through the items in the space bar to select.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 5, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Rick Miller <rm1263@outlook.com> wrote:

I have Windows 10.

Rick Miller