From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 10:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Downloading JAWS update

Hi. For some reason JAWS 2021 update won't download using check for updates. If I downloaded it manually it won't effect my home anual licence? Thanks

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Ooops I must have missread the subjuct line. Doh Bart! Thanks Lary.

On 12/17/2020 1:22 PM, Larry Gassman wrote:
That's because this is an update for4 JAWS 2020
Larry

Hi. For some reason JAWS 2021 update won't download using check for updates. If I downloaded it manually it won't effect my home anual licence? Thanks

Madison Martin

How do I check for updates? I just upgraded to 2021

Hi. For some reason JAWS 2021 update won't download using check for updates. If I downloaded it manually it won't effect my home anual licence? Thanks

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

You can check from the Jaws help menu.
If you are talking about what Mike posted earlier, that was for Jaws 2020.
I find going to the FS web site and then the Jaws downloads is sometimes more reliable.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 17, 2020, at 1:27 PM, Madison Martin <maddymartin@mymts.net> wrote:

How do I check for updates? I just upgraded to 2021

Hi. For some reason JAWS 2021 update won't download using check for updates. If I downloaded it manually it won't effect my home anual licence? Thanks

Brian Zolo

There isn't a new update for jaws 2021. The update that was mentioned was for jaws 2020. You can hit insert plus j and then arrow down to help then press enter and then arrow down to check for updates and then press enter. Jaws will check for updates and if there's an update it will tell you the new version and you'll then hit space bar on the checkbox and then tab over to the install button and then hit the spacebar. You can also go to settings center and there's a setting that you can set so that if there are new updates available jaws will tell you that there are updates available when you first boot up your machine. I need to do some checking so that I can add international calls to my cell phone plan and to our home phone plan with spectrum our internet service provider and then I'll be happy to call you and I can set up a tandem session with jaws and help you out, grin! I help a good friend of mine who I went to school with at the Ohio state school for the blind and who now lives out in Sacramento, California. This is something I love doing as it's a passion that the Lord has given me to help people with computer issues that they need resolved. I'll send you an e-mail message with instructions on how to set the option in settings center so that you will be notified when updates are available but if you're not comfortable with doing the instructions yourself, I'll be happy to assist just give me a day to check on international calling options and get them set up and then we'll be ready to fly, grin! Have a great day! bZ1

How do I check for updates? I just upgraded to 2021

Hi. For some reason JAWS 2021 update won't download using check for updates. If I downloaded it manually it won't effect my home anual licence? Thanks

https://www.avg.com

Madison Martin

I'll wait for your instructions, then I'll let you know if I'm comfortable doing it. If I am, then there's no need for you to look into it, especially since talking on the phone isn't something that I'm very comfortable with at all.

[...]

No problem, I'll get them to you probably late tomorrow afternoon or early tomorrow evening since tomorrow is my last day of work and then I'm on leave. Do you have jaws 2021 installed? If not, you'll probably need assistance so let me know if you need help. It will help you to become more comfortable talking on the phone because if you ever need to get technical support from vispero group, you'll need to be able to work with them so I'll certainly be willing to be a mentor to help you feel more comfortable if you need it. There's not been a jaws 2021 update since the release on November twelfth but I suspect that there will be one sometime in January so we'll get you fixed up so you'll be notified and then can successfully download the updates. There are times when it's better to go out to freedomscientific and get the installer as there are times when there are glitches with jaws update. So I'll also get an e-mail message together with instructions on how to download updates directly from freedomscientific and install them. I'm not in any way trying to preach to you, I just want to help you to become more confident in a vital skill that you'll need in working with your computer. Have a great day! BZ!

[...]

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Erin,

I am available at your convenience.

Thanks,

I have to forgive him. For some reason, where ever I go, he seems to always be there.😎

Henry

[...]

sorry guys, this email was sent to the wrong group. Please disregard.

Thx,

[...]

Yes, I just upgraded last night!! I'm not real worried about downloading the updates, I'm more worried about knowing about the updates.

[...]

We'll get instructions to you tomorrow on how to enable notification of updates. Have a great day1 bZ1

[...]

Okay!! You'll probably have to include how to get to Settings as I don't know how to get to that. I can get to Options, but that's not the same thing.

[...]

Michael Munn

Agree with the following

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 7:07 PM Brian Zolo <brianzolo@...> wrote:
[...]

Hey there, Madison, you can set the notification of updates in basic options. I'll get an e-mail message out to you shortly. BZ!

[...]

Okay!! I may have already done, but I'll wait for your instructions to be sure.

[...]

Greg Daniel

Hi BZ,

I got some 20/20 on the problem this afternoon and discovered that there had been an error with the update. I called Vispero tech support and am now running the most current version of JAWS! Woohoo!

Greg

[...]

No sweat, BZ, I am a direction-follower. Once I discovered that the update had crashed yesterday, I launched Narrator and had a very good experience with Vispero tech support; I am now running JAWS 2021 and I have an annual license, so I don't have to worry about an SMA.

Thank you always for your assistance.

The Shadow

[...]

Yes, that's what we did here to. The home annual option is great. BZ!