moderated Does the LastPass Chrome extension work with JAWS

James Benstead

I'm trying to get the LastPass password manager Chrome extension to work with JAWS. To access the extension without JAWS, a user clicks on it and is then shown a list of passwords for whatever site they are on. However, the Virtual PC cursor doesn't see the button LastPass adds to websites and it doesn't even seem possible to access it with the JAWS cursor.

Is there anyone on the list who has successfully used LastPass with JAWS? I'm wondering if I can tweak how it's set up so that it's more accessible.

Thanks,

Jim

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

John Covici

I do use it, its a pita, but does work. What exactly are you trying
to access? If you want to go into your vault, hit f6 till you see the
address bar and then keep tabbing till you hear lastpass has access to
this site and press enter. I am not sure if this is what you want,
but this is what I know.

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 13:29:45 -0500,
James Benstead wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
I'm trying to get the LastPass password manager Chrome extension to work
with JAWS. To access the extension without JAWS, a user clicks on it and is
then shown a list of passwords for whatever site they are on. However, the
Virtual PC cursor doesn't see the button LastPass adds to websites and it
doesn't even seem possible to access it with the JAWS cursor.

Is there anyone on the list who has successfully used LastPass with JAWS?
I'm wondering if I can tweak how it's set up so that it's more accessible.

Thanks,

Jim

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

paul lemm

Hi,

If you have the chrome extension installed: go to the web site you want last pass to find the log in details for, then just press the applications key on your keyboard, if you arrow up you should see a last pass option,  this has a submenu, in here you will find an option called auto fill and you can then select the stored log in details for that site.  Hope this helps

Paul Lemm

I'm trying to get the LastPass password manager Chrome extension to work with JAWS. To access the extension without JAWS, a user clicks on it and is then shown a list of passwords for whatever site they are on. However, the Virtual PC cursor doesn't see the button LastPass adds to websites and it doesn't even seem possible to access it with the JAWS cursor.

Is there anyone on the list who has successfully used LastPass with JAWS? I'm wondering if I can tweak how it's set up so that it's more accessible.

Thanks,

Jim

--

Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

James Benstead

Thank you John. I did some more experimentation and found a good workaround: if I'm in an edit box that LastPass can supply a user ID or password for, I can use the JAWS cursor to right click and then access LastPass via the context menu. It's a little cumbersome but after a couple of runs through it gets pretty efficient. Seems like a couple of scripts to automate the various keystrokes wouldn't be too hard to write, either.

Jim

--

James Benstead wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> I'm trying to get the LastPass password manager Chrome extension to work
> with JAWS. To access the extension without JAWS, a user clicks on it and is
> then shown a list of passwords for whatever site they are on. However, the
> Virtual PC cursor doesn't see the button LastPass adds to websites and it
> doesn't even seem possible to access it with the JAWS cursor.
>
> Is there anyone on the list who has successfully used LastPass with JAWS?
> I'm wondering if I can tweak how it's set up so that it's more accessible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org
>

> [2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@...

James Benstead

Thank you, Paul! I had figured some of this out, but (as ever) I had forgotten about the existence of the Applications Key and had been switching to the JAWS cursor in order to right click. Your approach is much more straightforward.

Jim