VLC and Jaws 17

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Then there are those mystery boxes and buttons that can be seen with the touch cursor. Anybody have insight on those?  There has to be some untapped power there.  Thanks to Bryan, we know that there’s a Blu-ray add-on, although it’s a sonofagun to download. When I finally figure a way to get my hands on that, and how to get it to resume, it just might be the world’s best media player.

Ted

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:56 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Debbie,

I know that with an add on, it can do as you say. I am not sure which add on it is or where to find it. Take care, and I wish you the best.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 11:02 PM

Hi David

You don’t happen to know if it can remember playback positions in a file, do you?

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 8:07 AM

Hi Guys,

I love VLC and use it to play all audio and video files. I am so glad you are figuring things out from the menus. The menus are the secret to using VLC and the short cuts you mensioned. I switched to VLC in September and have not looked back Lol. I use it with JAWS 17 and win10. It is my default music and video player. Have a great one.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:25 AM

It makes such a difference discovering those menus. Like you I was really stuck.

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:24 AM

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:20 AM

Hi Lauren

I just sent a message to you mentioning VLC. Now, what you do is go to the menu bar and find playback. Activate that, then arrow down until you find the title sub menu open that and click on the title that you want to play. Also, don’t forget to google “VLC Media Player for windows keyboard shortcuts”

HTH

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:08 AM
Subject: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi,

I found the vlc media player, installed it, and got as far as hearing music on the dvd I put in. I pressed enter as instructed, but nothing happens except the music keeps continuing and the movie doesn’t start.

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Mario

do let us know what the plugin is, how to get it, if there are any adjustments for JAWS, how to use it if there is a gotcha to be aware of, and any other things you can think of.

On 3/22/2016 8:16 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
Then there are those mystery boxes and buttons that can be seen with the touch cursor. Anybody have insight on those? There has to be some untapped power there. Thanks to Bryan, we know that there’s a Blu-ray add-on, although it’s a sonofagun to download. When I finally figure a way to get my hands on that, and how to get it to resume, it just might be the world’s best media player.

Ted

Hi Debbie,
I know that with an add on, it can do as you say. I am not sure which add on it is or where to find it. Take care, and I wish you the best.

From: Debbie April Yuille<mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au>
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>

Hi David

You don’t happen to know if it can remember playback positions in a file, do you?

Debbie

Hi Guys,
I love VLC and use it to play all audio and video files. I am so glad you are figuring things out from the menus. The menus are the secret to using VLC and the short cuts you mensioned. I switched to VLC in September and have not looked back Lol. I use it with JAWS 17 and win10. It is my default music and video player. Have a great one.

It makes such a difference discovering those menus. Like you I was really stuck.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.
Sincerely,

Lauren

From: Debbie April Yuille [mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au]

Hi Lauren

I just sent a message to you mentioning VLC. Now, what you do is go to the menu bar and find playback. Activate that, then arrow down until you find the title sub menu open that and click on the title that you want to play. Also, don’t forget to google “VLC Media Player for windows keyboard shortcuts”

HTH
Debbie

Hi,

I found the vlc media player, installed it, and got as far as hearing music on the dvd I put in. I pressed enter as instructed, but nothing happens except the music keeps continuing and the movie doesn’t start.

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

The thread on the Blu-Ray plug-in occurred on this list in late 2015. There may have been some correspondence between Brian and me, but most occurred right here.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: VLC and Jaws 17

do let us know what the plugin is, how to get it, if there are any adjustments for JAWS, how to use it if there is a gotcha to be aware of, and any other things you can think of.

On 3/22/2016 8:16 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
Then there are those mystery boxes and buttons that can be seen with the touch cursor. Anybody have insight on those? There has to be some untapped power there. Thanks to Bryan, we know that there’s a Blu-ray add-on, although it’s a sonofagun to download. When I finally figure a way to get my hands on that, and how to get it to resume, it just might be the world’s best media player.

Ted

Hi Debbie,

Hi David

Debbie

Hi Guys,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.
Sincerely,

Lauren

From: Debbie April Yuille [mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au]

Hi Lauren

HTH
Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren