moderated nesting levels on web pages

Don H

Jaws announces nesting levels on web pages. What exactly is a nesting level?

Richard Turner

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 4, 2020, at 6:54 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

nesting levels on web pages.

If you think about the classic format for an outline, where Roman Numerals are used for primary divisions, numbers to differentiate sections under primary divisions, lowercase letters to differentiate sub-sections under sections, and lowercase Roman numerals to designate sub-sub-sections, the concept is very much the same.  Each of those is a nesting level.

But, as Mr. Turner's reference notes, you can nest things of the same type within each other.   You could consider an outline as a sort of list with additional lists nested within it, and the way those lists are differentiated from each other show the nesting level.

           ~ André Gide