moderated Asking a edge with jaws question.

Ron Kolesar

Hello to my fellow jaws 2021 subscribers.
In short with edge, how do I clear my cash and cookies?
For some weird reason I cannot access my bank account with edtge.
I can find the log in button.
But I then should be able to tab over juse once and see the submit button.
I can do this within IE 11, which is no longer supported.
But I can not do it within edge and also not within google crome as well.
The bank's address is as follows:
www.northwest.bank
But I'm not fullish enough to give my log in info. SMILES.
Any and all help to clear cash and cookies via edge and jaws will bee deeply
appreciated.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron Kolesar

Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG
Who's now also Ares and NIMS Certified as well

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Ron. The cookies will be under History.

1. Open Edge.
2. Press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus DELETE.
3. Choose what you want to clear from the check boxes.
4. TAB to the Clear Now button and press ENTER.

This should clear all cookies and site data, not including user names and
passwords, unless you also checked this before deleting.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

Richard Turner

Thanks Bill,
I did not ask the question but that works great.
Most everything is checked by default, so you have to uncheck those things you do not want to delete, but it shows the level of control you have on what things you want deleted, which is very nice.

Richard

*I'm not the card shark

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northwest.bank%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cf9f3e0978f2a46390a2f08d8954f1836%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637423514217925224%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=jHL5380pFq9p6Xw8htkCgtlxopvAzcBSzKJS6D%2BJVbU%3D&amp;reserved=0
But I'm not fullish enough to give my log in info. SMILES.
Any and all help to clear cash and cookies via edge and jaws will bee deeply appreciated.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron Kolesar

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station With the Call Sign of KR3DOG Who's now also Ares and NIMS Certified as well

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Richard. If you read my message, I said Hi, Ron, not Hi, Richard. The
message was sent to the JAWS list, not to you, personally.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I did not ask the question but that works great.
Most everything is checked by default, so you have to uncheck those things
you do not want to delete, but it shows the level of control you have on
what things you want deleted, which is very nice.

Richard
"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

*I'm not the card shark

Hello to my fellow jaws 2021 subscribers.
In short with edge, how do I clear my cash and cookies?
For some weird reason I cannot access my bank account with edtge.
I can find the log in button.
But I then should be able to tab over juse once and see the submit button.
I can do this within IE 11, which is no longer supported.
But I can not do it within edge and also not within google crome as well.
The bank's address is as follows:
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northwe
st.bank%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cf9f3e0978f2a46390a2f08d8954f1836%7C84df9e7f
e9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637423514217925224%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3
d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&
amp;sdata=jHL5380pFq9p6Xw8htkCgtlxopvAzcBSzKJS6D%2BJVbU%3D&amp;reserved=0
But I'm not fullish enough to give my log in info. SMILES.
Any and all help to clear cash and cookies via edge and jaws will bee deeply
appreciated.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron Kolesar

Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency
Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG Who's now also Ares and NIMS Certified as well

Richard Turner

OK bill,
This is a bit over the top. Please get over yourself
I was acknowledging that your information was helpful that I know was not sent to me directly, but to the list.
Sorry if I should not have acknowledged your helpful info to the list.
It won't happen again.

Richard

*I'm not the card shark

Hi, Richard. If you read my message, I said Hi, Ron, not Hi, Richard. The message was sent to the JAWS list, not to you, personally.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I did not ask the question but that works great.
Most everything is checked by default, so you have to uncheck those things you do not want to delete, but it shows the level of control you have on what things you want deleted, which is very nice.

Richard

Check out my web site at: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7C45a1ae57f97e470831ae08d8955403d9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637423535352518041%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=26yeklrRiket7xa0pcy4wSaphqZj5%2B9Ubs5zkvNjt4E%3D&amp;reserved=0

*I'm not the card shark

[...]

Hi, Richard. I am not a narcisist. I simply thought you believed I had sent
the message to you, because you said "I didn't ask the question.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I did not ask the question but that works great.
Most everything is checked by default, so you have to uncheck those things
you do not want to delete, but it shows the level of control you have on
what things you want deleted, which is very nice.

Richard
"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Check out my web site at:
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner4
2.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C45a1ae57f97e470831ae08d8955403d9%7C84df9e7fe9
[...]

Just wanted to say thanks to you Bill.
It didn't fix the issue with my bank's web site.
But at least you taught this long time pc user a new trick.
But the good news is that I'm working with my bank to try and figure out why
with two different web browsers and three different screen readers, JAWS
NVDA and Narrator, why I can't log into my account.
I can do it out on ie 11, but the bank like most company's these days are no
longer using IE 11.
It's funny, when I click on the logon or in button, then tab over once I see
the submit button, which is what I should be seeing within both edge and
Google Chrome.
But for some reason the submit button isn't popping up for me to click on
it.
But since the bank isn't working with IE 11, when I click on the submit
button I get the sorry charley, IE 11 won't work with the bank's web site.
So, many thanks for trying to help me out.
Ron who can earn a license to use a radio, but for some weird reason can't
earn a license to drive a car or fly a airplane.
Go, figure. SMILES.

[...]

Hi Ron, I can't remember if you are in Canada or the US, just curious which bank this is if you are in Canada.
I used to be a Scotia Bank customer here in Canada and recently switched to RBC Royal Bank, but I also have an account at our local Credit Union and I have a Visa from CIBC and a Mastercard from BMO Bank of Montreal. I have never dealt with TD, but personally my wife and I briefly had set up accounts at an online bank affiliated with Scotia called Tangerine and I have not ever come across a bank website here in Canada which wasn't basically fully accessible. There is maybe the odd button or link here and there which may read a bit funny, but still you can typically tell what it is, e.g. with Scotia in certain situations the Cancel or Continue buttons for particular transactions read soe HTML code, but at the end also said Cancel or Continue, but that's about the extrend of problems I have had. The same applies to the iOs apps of all these institutions, all very accessible and easy to use.

[...]

Van Lant, Robin

Are you on the newest version of Edge, the one that is Chromium based? I can access the Submit button right away. I hit the Login button, then type a pretend login and password. Tabbing once more takes me right to the Submit button. Obviously, I cannot log in, but it's there.
Using Windows 10 1904 with newest Edge and JAWS 2021.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.northwest.bank__;!!LteP8qmF6ok6!bZox7n0RtFGGxssjKK9gqwLl_GuE0-0iGjhyVtZ37GGXzOqmUEgr97O_YwAlMK076uM$
But I'm not fullish enough to give my log in info. SMILES.
Any and all help to clear cash and cookies via edge and jaws will bee deeply appreciated.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron Kolesar

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station With the Call Sign of KR3DOG Who's now also Ares and NIMS Certified as well

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Richard Turner

I too just tested with the latest Edge and after activating the login button I put in a name and password, and tabbed passed forgot password and landed on the submit button.

I even tried it with its Screen Reader Mode and it worked the same with or without that mode enabled.
It looks to me like they are trying their darndest to be accessible.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

https://eur06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northwest.bank__%3B!!LteP8qmF6ok6!bZox7n0RtFGGxssjKK9gqwLl_GuE0-0iGjhyVtZ37GGXzOqmUEgr97O_YwAlMK076uM%24&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cad8bfb3b47194bb6906408d8961e9827%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637424405429141773%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=YSGRWaXb9csvUCm67%2BmcnByqOCZKZffpA3UjKfeIQL8%3D&amp;reserved=0
But I'm not fullish enough to give my log in info. SMILES.
Any and all help to clear cash and cookies via edge and jaws will bee deeply appreciated.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron Kolesar

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station With the Call Sign of KR3DOG Who's now also Ares and NIMS Certified as well

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

The first thing I heard Jaws saying when I opened the link for the bank was this:

Alert!
Press Alt+1 for screen-reader mode. Stop this message with Alt+0.

I recently came across another website where I got this message which, by the way, repeats every few seconds. There is also a link for an accessibility statement which is very detailed and comprehensive.

As for the Submit button I can also confirm it's there for me using Edge, I can tab to it or hear/navigate to it using tab or the button quick nav key. Interestingly enough, when you activate this so-called accessible mode, the Login link which is a link on the regular website becomes a button you can find with the button quick nav key, but in this mode pressing enter or spacebar on it did nothing, e.g. I did not get any user name or password field and I even tried clicking on it with the left mouse button with no effect. After going out of screenreader mode with Alt + 0 login became a link again and pressing enter on it made the user Id and password fields show ut. Below is Jaws speech history:I could

LOGIN ID Edit
test
Type in text.
PASSWORD password edit
Type in text.
Submit Button

Link Forgot Password? Link Enroll Now

When I press Alt + 1, Jaws says the following:
Screen-reader mode is on, alt+0 to cancel

Accessibility Help & Statement - that is a link where you can read their accessibility information and an email is given for questions.