moderated Best Websites for Job applications that are accessible with Jaws

Lori Lynn

Another site that is very accessible with JAWS is: usajobs.gov

You can search by state, city, agency, and type of position. Keep in mind that most, if not all, Federal agencies have a component to help with reasonable accommodations including JAWS. Good luck with your job search.

Lori Lynn

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 1:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Best Websites for Job applications that are accessible with Jaws

I cannot speak to access, but Indeed is a very reputable site.  My friend runs an IT recruiting firm and posts her listings both on LinkedIn and also on Indeed.  I also know of other organizations that post there. 

If you need additional help with online aspects of the job hunt, You might want to look into AIRA. I believe they have a job seekers promotion that gives you some free  service from the sighted assistants to help with the online job applications, resume and postings.  I’ve been using the service for help with inaccessible items at work and it’s been really helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Shumate
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 4:51 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Best Websites for Job applications that are accessible with Jaws

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right dirrection. I was wondering what Job Search Websites are the best as far as filling out applications and Finding Jobs in my local Area?

Laura Shumate

larelishumate@...

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

I cannot speak to access, but Indeed is a very reputable site.  My friend runs an IT recruiting firm and posts her listings both on LinkedIn and also on Indeed.  I also know of other organizations that post there. 

If you need additional help with online aspects of the job hunt, You might want to look into AIRA. I believe they have a job seekers promotion that gives you some free  service from the sighted assistants to help with the online job applications, resume and postings.  I’ve been using the service for help with inaccessible items at work and it’s been really helpful.

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 4:51 AM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right dirrection. I was wondering what Job Search Websites are the best as far as filling out applications and Finding Jobs in my local Area?

Laura Shumate

larelishumate@...

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Laura,
Although the site can be overwhelming, because of all its content, you
should use your state's workforce page.
You can upload your resume and they have jobs for your area, many of which
you can apply for the job through their site.
You can also set up a daily eMail with jobs in your area.
You do a search on their site for a job, and set the search criteria, I set
my criteria by zip code only, so I get all jobs in my area, because I would
do most jobs if it doesn't require driving or reading stuff like handwriting
and the like.
You will of course need to create an account on their site.
Other than that, be sure to try different browsers if a site seems to not
work with your screenreader, I learned to do alt + D and then copy with
control + C which copies the link of the site, and then open a different
browser and do control + L and paste with control + V, and press enter.
HTH.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 5:50 AM

Hi All,
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right dirrection. I
was wondering what Job Search Websites are the best as far as filling
out applications and Finding Jobs in my local Area?
Laura Shumate
larelishumate@gmail.com

Michal Nowicki

Hi Laura,

Monster.com and LinkedIn are likely the most accessible options. Monster was sued and became accessible as a result of a settlement.

Michal

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 5:51 AM

Hi All,
Laura Shumate
larelishumate@gmail.com

Laura Shumate <larelishumate@...>

Hi All,
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right dirrection. I
was wondering what Job Search Websites are the best as far as filling
out applications and Finding Jobs in my local Area?
Laura Shumate
larelishumate@gmail.com