moderated Where'd I go wrong with JAWS 2021?

Shirley Tracy

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Richard Turner

'To make sure you actually installed 2021, press the Windows Key+r to open the run dialog, and type, jaws2021 with no space and press enter.If jaws reloads, check to see if it is now running as 2021.If not, then it isn't installed.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Nov 29, 2020, at 7:13 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

Shirley Tracy

[...]

Thanks, Tom. JAWS 2021 is running now, but I have no idea what happened. I had forgotten the steps for starting it with the run command. Thanks for refreshing my memory. And all is well. At least I’ll know what to do if it happens again.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

[...]

Oops! I meant to thank you Richard. I think it’s time I shut down for the night. So thanks, Richard. And goodnight all.

Shirley Tracy

'To make sure you actually installed 2021, press the Windows Key+r to open the run dialog, and type, jaws2021 with no space and press enter.If jaws reloads, check to see if it is now running as 2021.If not, then it isn't installed.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Nov 29, 2020, at 7:13 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Ken Chernack

Hi.

Might you be using a hotkey that is associated with Jaws2020?

HTH,

Ken

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

I never thought of that. Thank you. I’ll have to remove the one for 2020. It’s the same one I have for 2021.

Tks again.

Shirley Tracy

Might you be using a hotkey that is associated with Jaws2020?

HTH,

Ken

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Richard Turner

'and, which one loads when the computer boots up?

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Nov 30, 2020, at 5:48 AM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

I never thought of that. Thank you. I’ll have to remove the one for 2020. It’s the same one I have for 2021.

Tks again.

Shirley Tracy

Might you be using a hotkey that is associated with Jaws2020?

HTH,

Ken

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

You said you "downloaded" Jaws 2021, I assume you also installed it afterwards, you know, where it asks you to accept the license terms and then it would say press enter to install, at the end it would say something about having made changes and you need to reboot?

As for hotkeys, you can't use the same hotkey on two applications, if, for example, you use Control + Shift + J for Jaws 2020 and you try to use it for Jaws 2021 it simply would not get put in, if you just pressed it and clicked OK and then if you go back into the shortcut properties it would still say "None" for keyboard shortcut.

Might you be using a hotkey that is associated with Jaws2020?

HTH,

Ken

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Yes, I installed it. And I got it all fixed now. I had to remove the alt-control-J in version 2020. I had forgotten to do that. Now, all is well…until I mess up something else. 😊