moderated need help with loading narrator on a new windows 10 laptop

G. Gray

Hello All-

I just got a new win 10 HP laptop.  It is still in the box, but I want to begin to set the thing up.  How and when can I start Narrator to help with this?

Is the command n and then enter?

Thanks!!!!

--
I am Listening for the Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)

George
Helpful hint:
How to  protect your wealth:
"Rule No. 1: Never lose money.
Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1."  Warren Buffett
1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Avast logo

Richard Turner

It will probably come up talking with Cortanna and ask you some questions and tell you when you can launch narator to continue, but the hotkey is control+windows+enter.

Richard

On Nov 26, 2020, at 9:00 PM, G. Gray <geogray@...> wrote:

Hello All-

I just got a new win 10 HP laptop.  It is still in the box, but I want to begin to set the thing up.  How and when can I start Narrator to help with this?

Is the command n and then enter?

Thanks!!!!

--
I am Listening for the Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)

George
Helpful hint:
How to  protect your wealth:
"Rule No. 1: Never lose money.
Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1."  Warren Buffett
1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Avast logo

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

When you can activate Narrator is sort of a guess, but not long after you press the power button, press the ctrl+windows key +enter. If it does not start up, wait a few minutes and try again. This is the toggle to turn Narrator off or on.
Marie

I just got a new win 10 HP laptop.  It is still in the box, but I want to begin to set the thing up.  How and when can I start Narrator to help with this?

Is the command n and then enter?

Thanks!!!!

--
I am Listening for the Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)

George
Helpful hint:
How to  protect your wealth:
"Rule No. 1: Never lose money.
Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1."  Warren Buffett
1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Avast logo

Jim Weiss

Shortly after pressing the power button Cortana will greet you with an audio introduction.  At that point in time Cortana will tell you how to enable Narrator (Control + Windows + Enter) and how to disable Cortana during setup.  My Dell provides all of the audio through the internal speakers.  Several years ago I had an Asus which required me to plug in headphones until the audio drivers were installed.
Jim Weiss

“The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.” | National Federation of the Blind