moderated Research It Quit?

George Gray

Hola!

Is anyone else finding their Research It isn't functioning over the
past few days?

It so happens that when I received notice that JAWS 2021 was now
available for download and that my SMAes had run out, so I needed to
pay again and upon my deciding to wait until after the New Year's to
do so my Research It function has failed. Is this due to my not
renewing, or to something else entirely different?

Gracias!

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Los Cerros
Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Shirley Tracy

Hi George,

I have JAWS 2021 and just tried Research It after reading your message. I received a notice that I needed to install the feature. I was given a choice to click yes or no. I clicked “Yes” and in seconds got the message that the Research It feature was installed and ready to use.

My take away is that you now have to have JAWS 2021 installed and the Research It Feature as well—but someone else may have more information than I. I would think that older versions would keep everything they had in those versions.

Shirley Tracy

Is anyone else finding their Research It isn't functioning over the

past few days?

It so happens that when I received notice that JAWS 2021 was now

available for download and that my SMAes had run out, so I needed to

pay again and upon my deciding to wait until after the New Year's to

do so my Research It function has failed.  Is this due to my not

renewing, or to something else entirely different?

Gracias!

--

HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Los Cerros

Sosua

REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Ashleigh Piccinino

I just tried This, and here’s what you need to do. According to JAWS speech history on "research it", You need to install something. However, the history doesn't say what Yet, after you install the program/application, "research it" should work as normal ... Mine does.
Hope this helps,
Ashleigh P

On Nov 22, 2020, at 6:00 PM, George Gray <blindtraveler2@gmail.com> wrote:

Hola!

Is anyone else finding their Research It isn't functioning over the
past few days?

It so happens that when I received notice that JAWS 2021 was now
available for download and that my SMAes had run out, so I needed to
pay again and upon my deciding to wait until after the New Year's to
do so my Research It function has failed. Is this due to my not
renewing, or to something else entirely different?

Gracias!

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

Los Cerros
Sosua
REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Richard Turner

The first time you use Research It with Insert+spacebar then r, it will say that a feature needs to be installed. Hit yes to install.
Once tha tis done, when you press Insert+spacebar, then r, you will be in an edit field.
If you tab once, you will be in the list of sources available.
Arrow down to the one you want, and then shift+tab back and type your search term, or of course, type your search term, then tab into the list and pick the one you want.
Apparently, in the settings, you can set one of them as the primary, but I have not explored that.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark