Topics

moderated Office 2019 vs Office 365

David Kingsbury

Hi,

Like one or two others who have commented, I have had 365 for several years and have not had any accessibility problems beyond the typical issues one always has from time to time. One other big advantage of 365 is that this includes 1 terabyte of storage with the One Drive cloud service. A similar amount of storage with Dropbox costs about $15 per month.  At $69 for one PC, or $99 for up to five, Office 365 strikes me as extremely reasonable.

For those who say they don’t do subscriptions but are on this JAWS list, even if you do a SMA, that is just a subscription with another name after paying the initial hefty purchase price.  Good for Freedom Scientific for introducing an annual subscription alternative a few years ago.

David

Richard Turner

For what it is worth, I’ve subscribed to 365 for several years and have never had any accessibility issues.

I opt to download and install the stand-alone version.

If having a downloaded version ever goes away, which I doubt, then I will look at Open Office.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark